Maschine+ 1.5 = OUT NOW

Options

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    Options

The reality remains, if M+ is relying on Linux codebase for class compliant audio support, its up to linux devs, not NI.. which would be a nightmare to untangle, unless some superhero coder from RME suddenly starts contributing to linux kernel programming

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    Options

And again, you're thinking for NI Devs.

If they cannot deliver, please let them answer the question. THANKS!

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor
    edited December 2023
    Options

Also a Motu, interesting because here on the forum several Motu users have described the problem with periodic bit reduction of the audio stream. the bitcrush effect.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/103795

I'm beginning to think this is a general problem with Motu audio interfaces.

As for the connection loss, this seems to be completely random, and unfortunately this is an NI issue. I haven't been able to test it enough yet, I'll use my 18i6 for the M+ from now on and keep a close eye on it.  

Your problems with midi sound pretty wild too. I'm guessing you're using USB for audio and midi? This could be due to a faulty or outdated USB driver, I don't know if NI can fix this with a firmware update, it should be possible. The question is whether NI even knows that this is a problem.

• Fugazi81
    Options

But to be fair, they mention in the third party audio interfaces that they have been tested by users, which I can confirm with the Analog Heat Mk1, because I tested that and it works. i posted that in the old forum. but yes, officially only what NI has tested is valid

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Options

No need to be sorry. ;-)

The MPC end users obviously fight against the same class-compliant dragons.

IMO the MPC gets a lot of smaller updates and no one knows whether an audio interface starts crackling or what else is broken after an update.

• Fugazi81
    Options

Super informative, thank you for taking the time to clarify this with support. I have still not received a reply from Motu. But I didn't have time to deal with it extensively. Thanks again. 

• tetsuneko
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am merely speculating. You might get an answer from NI, or you might not. This forum is mainly for NI users as far as I know. The official way to reach NI is by making a support request through their website.

Feel free to start a new thread about this, it maximizes your chances of getting heard

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI @Kai_NI @Kaiwan_NI are all in this thread that you've started the minute after you discovered the update notification. That's why it became THE release topic for the 1.5 update. NI team also posted a 'closed' topic and separate section on feature requests after this update, that I don't want to pollute. That's why I've made my suggestion here and as far as I know on-topic. I also mentioned Kai as the Product Lead, hopefully he will respond or considers to act on it. After that it indeed became merely speculating... so I'm exit.

• Goldie B
    Goldie B Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Dear product team; I’d really, really love the ability to transfer projects to my mac wirelessly/save to cloud - anything that means not having to rush corrupting my sd pulling it in and out and mounting it over and over, and moving the device to my mac to plug it in with usb is a means a lot of plugging and unplugging - to the point thst Indont bother

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Options

This is what I've been trying to figure out. I did load a bunch of VST3's into a folder on the SD card. I've added that folder to the user library but I don't see anything showing up. The VST3's include a mix of NI, Arturia and u-he instruments. Does anyone know how to add VST3's in the new firmware yet and use them?

• tetsuneko
    edited December 2023
    Options

Just asking, why do you not use the Storage mode on your Maschine+ for file transfers? You dont need to remove the SD card, you can go to SETTINGS - SYSTEM and select STORAGE (button 3) to access the SD card from your computer. Obviously you need to connect your Maschine+ to a computer with a USB cable first.

When you do that, your SD card shows up as a removable volume in your connected computer. Then you can transfer the files you need, eject the drive from the computer, and then press DISCONNECT on Maschine+ to complete the transfers and return to normal mode