Any experience with Kontakt 6 crashing after reading multiple sample libraries?

Matus
Matus Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hi, I upgraded my NI Kontakt around September last year. From now when I load more sound libraries into it, it starts to crash. It manifests itself in such a way that when I want to change the value of one controller of sample library with the mouse, the values on all the controllers start to change and Kontakt starts to jam.It doesn't matter who the developer is. I tried to load only NI sample libraries, but it does the same thing.

No further updates have solved the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Attached is an animated gif.

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Your GIF doesn't show any sort of animation unfortunately.

That said, the issue you're talking about is known, and only happens with Kontakt VST3.

• Matus

Thank you for your comment. I apologize for the animated gif not working.

I've read some of your older answers on this.

So is the only possible solution to remove the Kontakt.dll file from the VST3 directory? Is it Steinberg's problem because he prefers VST3? Should I solve it with them? Because when I have to do such "tweaks" with purchased software it's pretty pathetic.

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You would have to temporarily remove the .vst3 file, yeah (that's the VST3 extension, .dll is VST2).

Steinberg is always gonna prefer VST3.

• Matus

Thank you for the information and help. One more question. Does anyone solve this problem so that users do not have to make such temporary solutions?

• EvilDragon

I don't have an answer for that one, sorry. 🙂