S4 mk2: Stem control and Hot Cue [5-8]

Options
mots
mots Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello,

As anyone found a way to switch the mode of remix buttons [1-4] between stem control and hot cues [5-8]. either manually or automatically ?

I wish the preference in the S4 section of the preferences "Sample Play Button: Auto" would allow to select something like "HotCue [5-8] or Stem if Stem track is loaded". (or switching mode of the remix button with a shift+loop in and shift + loop out)

For now i use this custom mapping that allow basic Stem control (mute/un mute) and hotcue [5-8] and the loaded track is not a stem file: motscousus.com/stuff/2023-12-01_Trackor_S4_MK2_Mappings/ but i loose filter and volume control for stems. pitty!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not possible unfortunately and you will need to stick with your custom mapping solution.

Answers

• Element75
    Element75 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

so what ru saying?

must have a KONTROL F1?? only option i see

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not possible unfortunately and you will need to stick with your custom mapping solution.

• mots
    mots Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

yeap, i am using the custom mapping. but i improved it quite a lot since then :)

Now it defaults to traktor stem implementation (keeping all the functionalities!) if the deck is a stem deck. it switches back to my custom mapping with cues 5-8 otherwise.

it's updated there: https://motscousus.com/stuff/2023-12-01_Trackor_S4_MK2_Mappings/

• TijKez
    TijKez Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

This seems like a massive undersight.

Being able to switch between cue 5-8 and stem mute on the fly is a must. I would have thought it was an obvious one.

There's a shift button. Let's use it!