Komplete Audio 2 not outputting line/inst. sound

Options
Neman_ja
Neman_ja Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi all,

I was looking to resolve this for some time now, and it looks like I need some help :)

I am on Win 10 Pro (ASIO driver version 5.22.0 installed), having Komplete Audio 2 connected to my AV receiver through CD input. I can hear sound played from he computer very well. However, I cannot hear the sound from my bass guitar or microphone. Both of the inputs at Komplete Audio are registering the sound coming in (I can see the lights gradually going in red as I increase the volume meter), but it is like microphone and instrument sound is sent on a very, very low level on the outputs. If I put every volume meter at the max, and turn off the sound from the computer, I would barely get some signal out on the speakers. No change when I turn on/off 48V. Might be worth noting that I can hear very well microphone and guitar sound on headphones. So it is really only that I am not getting the output signal (or more precisly, getting very low output signals from line/inst. inputs).

Appreciate if someone has any advise/idea how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Nemanja

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,211 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think you can't do input-to-main-outputs on a KA2 without using software that will take the input and route it to the output. The direct monitoring only works from input to the headphone output.

Be careful with the 48V btw, you only need that if you're running a mic that needs 48V power or something like a cloud lifter as a preamp for the SM7B

-- Mike

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,211 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think you can't do input-to-main-outputs on a KA2 without using software that will take the input and route it to the output. The direct monitoring only works from input to the headphone output.

Be careful with the 48V btw, you only need that if you're running a mic that needs 48V power or something like a cloud lifter as a preamp for the SM7B

-- Mike

• Neman_ja
    Neman_ja Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks, Mike!

it does makes sense. My assumption was that ASIO driver will take care of that…

I have installed now the Guitar Rig to act as an amp, and it did resolve the issue - I am getting a good level of the output signal.

Thanks!