U/I Not working on VST's in Maschine Software

Options
phatcapbeats
phatcapbeats Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hey NI Community,

I recently just switched to a PC from mac and reinstalled all my software on this new computer here.

Whenever I open a VST in maschine the U/I doesnt seem to work visually. (Eg. knobs arent moving when i twist them, meters arent reacting, etc). They are still "working" in terms of doing what they are supposed to, I just can't seem to get a solid "visual" response out of any VST in maschine.

I tried the same plugins in FL studio and they work flawlessly, so it has to be a Maschine software issue when used as the host for the VSTs.

Wondering if anyone has encountered this issue at all or can help out in anyway to fix this!

Appreciate any assistance! Thanks!

Answers

• phatcapbeats
    Options

Update: Fixed this by downgrading to 2.6.8. however product now stuck in demo mode and wont activate via Native Access, even when manually reentering the serial code and receiving message "Maschine Succesfully Registered".

😔

• phatcapbeats
    Options

Fixed this now also for anyone who may have this same issue.

I had to uninstall native access and install the legacy native access 1 after downgrading from the newest maschine to 2.6.8.

after running native access 1 it still wouldnt activate maschine and so I clicked "UPDATES" and it offered me a update to 2.16.1(r0) which has now activated itself via native access 1 and all the VSTs seem to be working fine.

@Native Instruments should look into this!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@phatcapbeats What VSTs are you talking about? What version of Maschine were you using before downgrading? What graphic card are you using? Is it a high dpi monitor? Do the knobs and everything work when you load a Maschine kit or instrument?

• phatcapbeats
    Options

Hey Jeremy,

It was any VST2 or 3 opened in maschine. It was 2.17 something (the most recent one before the update a day or so ago). I first noticed it in Guitar Rig and thought it was just that, But then serum also, eventually noticing the UI was unresponsive in all.

I have a brand new computer Windows 11, RTX3060, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64GB Ram.

Using 2 GIGABYTE G27Q 144hz monitors.

I can run GTA Online at full graphics and no issues, and also the UI of the plugins not working in maschine work fine in FL Studio Demo.

The knobs in the actual DAW were moving but the UI (knobs, faders, volume meters, etc) in the plugins themselves were not reacting or glitching out.

As mentioned above, I did fix it by going back to both a legacy version of machine and native access but it was a huge headache and took hours of troubleshooting.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@phatcapbeats I found your support request and saw the video. Strange behaviour, never saw that before. I'm adding all the information you posted here in that request. My colleagues might reach out for further questions/steps.

When you say you reinstalled on the new computer, do you mean you installed all products from scratch? Was there any kind of migration from the old computer to the new?

Are you running Maschine as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator