Kontakt 7 Library view does not show all my instruments. No workaround worked to far

Options
FredGuitarMurphy
FredGuitarMurphy Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, I recently upgraded from an iMac 2018 to a Mac Studio M2 Max, 32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Mac OS 14.1.2

I newly installed the most recent versions of Native Access 2, Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol on the internal SSD. I granted all the mentioned programs full disk access.

All my NI instruments are on an external SSD.

In Native Access I assigned the external SSD location to all my instruments with not problems (unfortunately I had to do it one by one as there was not "relocate all" option)

In the Kontakt library preferences I see all my instruments and all the boxes are correctly activated.

I see all my instruments in the "old" Kontakt view.

The problem: only very few instruments show up in the library view.

I followed the advice and deleted the Komplete.db3 files and some other recommended files in my system preferences. The idea was to initiate a new scan. This didn't work. The same few programs showed up in the library view as before.

It appears that only newly installed instruments show up in the library view. But actually I would like to avoid downloading again 1 TB of instrument data just to make them appear in the library view.

Has anybody an idea, what I could do? By the way: I have the same problem with Komplete Kontrol.

Thanks for any help and happy holidays.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,947 Guru
    Options

Then try to load the libraries and instruments by going to the Files with the Old View (right beside the Libraries button).

I had similar issue and it worked.

Or just search the instrument with search bar, it might help.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,387 mod
    Options

hello,

Libraries needs a .nicnt file (with the same name as the library) and some specific info, plus some registry entries, to be available on the new library. Old libraries usually does not have those, thus they do not appear.

You can still view them in the old view, as you already mention.

• FredGuitarMurphy
    Options

Thanks guys. Milos solution unfortunately doesn't work for me.

But I figured that all my instruments are listed in the preset section on the right side of the library view (see picture). It appears that only the thumbnails for the individual instruments aren't in the main view. Instead I have a folder named Native instruments. If I klick on it the last loaded instrument gets loaded again. I guess I can live with that although I prefer everything neat :) Thanks for helping. Have a great day.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,947 Guru
    Options

It's ok.

What is truly important is that the problem is solved!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    Options

@FredGuitarMurphy All thumbnails should show up, did you add this Native Instruments folder somewhere? Can you post a screenshot of where this folder is on your system and what's inside of it?

• FredGuitarMurphy
    Options

Hello Jeremy, about question one: I can't remember. I tried some things to fix the problem. And I might have added the Native Instruments folder with the "File" menu. But not entirely sure.

Here are the screenshots for question 2:

I appreciate your help a lot. Many greetings.

• Sunborn
    edited December 2023
    Options

This folder "Native Instruments" it shouldn't be there at all (inside your Kontakt i mean).

It is not a Kontakt library and it contain no instruments.

It is an installation folder for Native Instruments and it should be removed from Kontakt library database

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,238 mod
    Options

There isn't a "Native Instruments" folder inside the "Kontakt 7" folder

-- Mike

• Sunborn
    edited December 2023
    Options

You should read more carefully the comments and not twisting what others wrote!

I said Kontakt. Not "Kontakt folder".

Because he posted this image few comments above,

Then, next comment is a comment by Jeremy asking about this folder:

Finally, the guy posted an image of his system where you can easily see that he mistakenly added the "Documents/Native Instruments" folder, in his Kontakt library database.

This is what we tried to solve, and my answer is the correct answer.

• mykejb
    Options

Actually, that's a really neat feature - if you add the Native Instruments folder as a custom library path you get all your user presets listed with the NI ones instead of in the user section.

-- Mike

• mykejb
    Options

@FredGuitarMurphy If you've not found how to get rid of the folder from your Browse, view click the cog wheel at the bottom left of the browse view and remove the "Native Instruments" folder from the "Custom Libraries" list. That should remove it and you'll have a neat system again :)

-- Mike

• Sunborn
    Options

This is a wrong assumption Mike.

The only useful (for our case) folder in those Documents, is the User Content folder.

Apart of that, folders such as Absynth, Battery, Maschine, Reaktor have absolutely nothing to do with Kontakt and its library.

But, this folder (User Content) may contains hundreds or thousands of presets from various sources. For example all the custom NKS libraries. So it can be quiet huge.

However, all those, are completely useless for Kontakt. They are not Kontakt instruments. Nothing in there can be opened by Kontakt, except of some rare cases, such as when you modify a Kontakt preset and you want to save it as a user preset.

But in this case, you only add the folder User Content/Kontakt and not the entire User Library!

Isn't it the case, @Jeremy_NI?

• mykejb
    Options

You can add the whole folder or the Kontakt user folder. The end result is the same as Kontakt ignores any non-kontakt-related files.

-- Mike

• Sunborn
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey!

Do not try to steal answers by repeating comments already posted and proposed by others!

You started to do it often lately, and it won't be tolerated! 😡

We are not stupid. Play fair, or next time, you will get an Abuse report!

• mykejb
    Options

First - no-one had told the user how to remove it, and from his comments he wasn't sure how it got added so there was a fair bet they didn't know how to remove it.

Second, unless you're a mod or a NI employee, stop trying to tell other users what to do, and what you as a normal user will tolerate. Abuse report? for what? Answering a question?

-- Mike