Export Confusion

Options
JNP66
JNP66 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi. I'm really quite new to the Maschine and Native Instruments world, so I'm sure I'm just making a rookie mistake. But I created a drum loop yesterday that I wanted to record a live guitar part to in Ableton Live. The drum loop ended with a lovely cymbal crash with a long decay that hung on over into the next iteration of the loop. But when I exported that loop, that cymbal crash sounded like it had a severe gate on it and it simply cut off at the end of the loop. What might I be doing wrong in the export and/or recording process on Maschine MK3?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your exporting with Loop-Optimize On, which will cut off the tails to keep the export loopable.

Go to File>Export Audio and turn it off, it should fix the issue - This setting also affects audio drag-and-drop.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your exporting with Loop-Optimize On, which will cut off the tails to keep the export loopable.

Go to File>Export Audio and turn it off, it should fix the issue - This setting also affects audio drag-and-drop.

• JNP66
    JNP66 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks so much. Another part of the solution turned out to be that I needed to "Save the project with samples" before I exported. Once I did that and turned off Loop-Optimize, the loop sounded correct. Thanks again!