Bypass sale prices in store to use 10 expansion voucher

Options
AndyF
AndyF Member Posts: 9 Member

I recently bought a maschine mikro 3 which came with a voucher for 10 free expansions. Only problem is the voucher only applies to full price and currently they're all on sale..

This time of year I can't see them returning to full price for weeks. Do I really have to wait until January or is there a way to get the store to bypass sale prices, so the code works?

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,959 mod
    Options

Rules are as rules is and I am afraid that if you want to pick something on sale then you will most likely have to wait , just don't wait too long so that the voucher expires !

Else the only ones that can answer questions about 'problems' with vouchers are customer support but I am sure that they will tell you the same as I have when they finally get around to your request (expect a very long wait at the moment)

• AndyF
    Options

Thanks yeah it does say the voucher is valid for 6 months. It does seem like a marketing mistake from NI. I'd imagine lots of people bought maschine hardware recently with that deal

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,139 Expert
    Options

But, have you actually tried adding 10 expansions of your choice to your cart and applying the voucher?

• PoorFellow
    Options

Yes ! , I should have thought of that . Since the voucher is for whole products of a certain category then they might work even when at sale. (I just thought that user had already tried ! )

• AndyF
    Options

Yeah I have tried it. At first I didn't realise why the code wasn't working so checked and tried again.

I'd started building up a cart after checking YouTube videos and demos etc. When I started they were priced 44.00 but by the time I'd decided which 10 the sale had started.

That's why I've posted here because you would think the deal would work still. Also received a Β£25 voucher and that does make more sense to not work on sale items. But if they're free it shouldn't matter what the store price is

• AndyF
    Options

"The coupon code is not valid for this product. Verify the list of products it applies to as stated in the terms & conditions for the coupon. Coupons cannot be applied to products that are already discounted."

It displays this error message when trying to check out

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you for the feedback and for settling the issue. At least you have some free shopping to look forward to then 😁 πŸ˜‰

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,139 Expert
    Options

I think you may want to contact NI's support team to get clarification on this:

It sounds strange to me to offer this voucher and then make you wait until the whole sale ends.

• AndyF
    Options

Just following up. I contacted support and explained. They were helpful and created an order priced 0.00 for the expansions I had in my cart.

Thanks 😊