NI S61 Stopped Responding

Options
KCMusic
KCMusic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

My S61 suddenly stopped functioning. It powers on (USB and/or power supply), lights up, and the buttons respond. However, computers don't seem to be receiving any information from it. It's not recognized by any of the 3 computers I've used it on and doesn't work as a generic controller for any VIs -- standalone or within PT -- let alone with Maschine or Komplete Kontrol. I've tried as much basic troubleshooting as I can, cable swapping, reboots etc. I've also reached out to NI for support, but if y'all have ever gone through that process, you're probably aware that it's yielded no results. Anything I've found on the NI sites, such as "update hardware from inside Komplete" seem to be outdated options, as there isn't even a hardware tab in the current software. I use this keyboard often, including live. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @KCMusic I see that your case has been transferred to the hardware support team. Please get back to us by email with more info and we'll look into it further for you.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,933 mod
    Options

The most basic problem in trying to answer your request is that you sort of lists that you have already tried everything possible....

If you are using a Working power supply to power the keyboard and you are also using an USB cable that you are sure is OK and if you have installed the NIHardwareService , NIHostIntegrationAgent and NIHardwareAccessibilityHelper correctly (I think that for MK2 they install when installing the Komplete Kontrol app) then the keyboard ought to work one way or the other , especially if you also tried more different USB ports on same machines.

So , if everything is setup properly then I think that when Komplete Kontrol is closed then the MK2 keyboard ought to be in midi mode and exercise midi activity. To check for that then have Midi-OX installed and check for midi activity when using the keyboard. If everything else is working and set up properly and if there is no midi activity then the unit might be malfunctioning somehow ! Of course you could also check the old style midi port for activity by attaching something to the port (Have never used it so please check the manual for use of that) .

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @KCMusic I see that your case has been transferred to the hardware support team. Please get back to us by email with more info and we'll look into it further for you.