VPS Avenger 2 Early Adopters?

Options
Rob Gray
Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member

Can any early adopters of VPS Avenger 2.0 let me know whether or not it still crashes Komplete Kontrol when the user plays an ARP patch?

Best Answer

• Zeltar
    Zeltar Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

So... I started off by testing out Avenger 2.0 on Komplete Kontrol, you know, the VST3 version that would normally crash KK... (I just ran the plugin directly in a DAW after that point). And, hey, it actually ran super smooth! I went through a bunch of different patches from various expansions, and no crashes... It was a pretty exciting day!

Answers

• Zeltar
    Zeltar Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

So... I started off by testing out Avenger 2.0 on Komplete Kontrol, you know, the VST3 version that would normally crash KK... (I just ran the plugin directly in a DAW after that point). And, hey, it actually ran super smooth! I went through a bunch of different patches from various expansions, and no crashes... It was a pretty exciting day!

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Thanks! That is great news. I appreciate your letting us know.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,803 mod
    Options

So far it's been solid for me

I made a NKS template for it if anyone wants it (in the NKS User Library/Current/Vengeance Sound folder)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

Well, that is great they fixed it but now that means I have to shell out $150 to update to fix a bug they should have addressed in the current version. Honestly, can anyone explain what is so improved or better in the latest version to justify the cost of the update? Just very curious if there is anything substantial for basically the cost of a whole nother plugin.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,803 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

For me the feedback osc is cool, always loved feedback based synthesis (eg as in Kontour) - not sure if that was in V1 though, also it now does spectral resynthesis

Been playing with it all day and not a single crash

Tried to see if your NKS worked with it though Jester using your demo and it doesn't support migration so that's a no go. If I do want all the patches as NKS I guess I'll have to save them myself (which means in practice I probably will just save my favourites)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

I have a feeling when I tested my way of updating to VST3, it didn't work so I have to re-generate the whole library which is where I found the crash issue with the Arp. I will have to look into it. Only way I will invest in the latest version is if there is enough interest for the library to be updated, i'm sure there will be since most people don't see the cost as too extreme so I may see if I can upgrade the files or not for the latest version.