Where did Batch Resave go?

Options
Antony Robinson
Antony Robinson Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 14 in Kontakt

So I see in the latest 7.7 the icons have gone, now we have actual words. I'm OK with that, but under "File" I cannot find Batch Resave. I've looked elsewhere on the GUI but can't find it.

Where did Batch Resave go?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 10,471 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Antony Robinson There were some changes to the user interface: Kontakt 7.7 - User Interface Changes

To access the batch and resave option, you need to go in the rack view:

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

So it seems this is intentional, and was mentioned in the changelog of Kontakt 7.7.0:

We'll update our article, as maybe not everyone reads the release notes for every update.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,995 Guru
    Options

Maybe you should reinstall K7.

I did and it solved the isaue for me personally.

I have batch resave on my tab.

Let me show you.

Hope it helps.

• Antony Robinson
    edited November 2023
    Options

I reinstalled just before I asked this question and do not see that option at all (or the Collect Samples).

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,995 Guru
    Options

Oh...

Maybe PoorFellow can help you with that.

You can ask him.

• Antony Robinson
    Options

OK, it seems it's in the standalone (which I never use) but is no longer in the plug-in. Nice going NI.

• michaelv
    michaelv Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes: nice going indeed. Are NI affiliated with Apple, by any chance? Removing useful, long-standing features that then inconvenience people by their absence, within listening to their valued customers.

I hardly ever use the standalone, and then only to install a library. Why on EARTH would NI remove this?? It's standard practice (and advised by them) to batch resave a new library. I always do it, and from the Kontakt login within Logic.So much faster. not now, it seems.

And I dislike the removal of the icons that now make people with poor eyesight struggle that bit more.Please reinstate.

Yep. Nice going NI.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Antony Robinson There were some changes to the user interface: Kontakt 7.7 - User Interface Changes

To access the batch and resave option, you need to go in the rack view:

• Antony Robinson
    Options

I already am in Rack view as you can see from my screen shot. The Batch option is not there. I am talking about the plug-in, not the standalone. I never use the standalone, only the plug-in. The plug-in has lost the Batch Resave option. Your screen shot looks like the standalone to me, I need the VST3 to have Batch Resave.

• Antony Robinson
    Options

That looks like the standalone to me. I never use the standalone, only the VST3. Batch Resave has disappeared off the plug-in for some reason (on PC, your screen shot is Mac). I am not sure why NI deemed this a necessary change, I don't want to launch the standalone just to do my batch resaves.

• Antony Robinson
    Options

That looks like the standalone to me. I never use the standalone, only the VST3. Batch Resave has disappeared off the plug-in for some reason (on PC, your screen shot is Mac). I am not sure why NI deemed this a necessary change, I don't want to launch the standalone just to do my batch resaves.

• MevSydney
    MevSydney Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Definitely need to put it back in the plugin, NI. Please do it on the next update, it will help so many of us.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Antony Robinson @MevSydney You are right, the batch re-save function is not showing when Kontakt 7 is used as a VST3 or AU plug-in. I'm trying to get more info regarding this change.

Maybe @EvilDragon you can shed some light on this one?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

So it seems this is intentional, and was mentioned in the changelog of Kontakt 7.7.0:

We'll update our article, as maybe not everyone reads the release notes for every update.

• Antony Robinson
    Options

So is that because they think plug-in users are dumber than standalone users? What is the thinking?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,004 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

No of course not. I suspect it's more because NI have always encouraged people to load and manage libraries in the standalone before opening them in the plugin and I guess they want to encourage people to use the standalone more for file operations and management and the plugin for performance. To be honest I had never even considered people would prefer to do batch resave in the plugin version. Personally for something as critical as ensuring reliability and stability during a quite intense set of file operations, and that nothing goes wrong with that process that could corrupt my libraries, I always do batch resaves in the standalone, cutting out the potential complications a host might bring into the equation. Hosts aren't always consistently stable when doing multiple file operations at a fast pace, and if the user has not enabled permissions and things like full disk access (on Mac) a host could actually mess up the resave process. I am sure most people here who do use the plugin version for this have not experienced this, otherwise they would not be doing it this way, but I also would not be at all surprised if over the years NI have had users coming to them with messed up libraries after doing a batch resave only to find the complicating factor was the host. So I guess NI are just playing it safe by removing it.

• Antony Robinson
    edited November 2023
    Options

I literally have never had a single Batch Resave issue using the plug-in in the 11 years I've had Kontakt. This is in various versions of Cubase and Studio One on much slower PCs than the super-fast monster computer I bought this year.

I have never used the standalone, which is actually more likely to crash my system as it can't cope with the audio drivers for my system as it's a bit obscure (SCOPE XITE-1 if you're interested). So I have to select my Realtek card drivers just to stop the standalone blue-screening: hence I never use it, to the point where I always deleted the start icon from my desktop as I don't like unnecessary clutter.