[New release] PLAYBOX is a game changer for creativity and workflow!

Comments

• Waves
    Waves Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Looks great! Might seem nitpicky, but I really need a dark skin before clicking buy. Do lots of the sound design stuff at night and everything is dark UI.. Messes up sleep otherwise. Lots of other good ideas in LoveEnigma's compiled post.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited April 2022

So cool to see you here Nadine. Thanks for this amazing tool. And melodies mode will be very welcomed in a future update. But we're all in love with this thing as it is so no pressure!

BTW if you're interested in some alternative interface design styles and you like Kai's, check out Bryce too. That company made really cool stuff!

• Nadine Raihani
    Nadine Raihani Product Team Posts: 7 mod

Thanks for making the effort to collect all these suggestions in one post LoveEnigma! Very helpful.

• Nadine Raihani

Hey Benjamin, you can initialise the FX section by loading the first preset in the browser called "New". We don't have init patches for the Chords and Samples.

• Nadine Raihani

Hey Peter, personally I haven't used the Maschine Auto-Sampler with Playbox yet but I think it would be a lot of fun to try it out. Unfortunately Playbox isn't M+ compatible so you'd need to use it when connected to a computer.

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 81 Advisor

@Nadine Raihani Thank you reading my post, I appreciate it. Hopefully at least some of our requests would be considered for a future update to PLAYBOX.

A general question: Does anyone know where the user presets are stored? I tried finding at usual locations but couldn't find. I am getting a feeling that they are stored in a common file in one of the installation folders and not separately like synth presets.

• Peter Harris

Yes, I'm okay with that. I love my M+ but when there's something compelling I'm perfectly happy to connect to my computer in controller mode. And Playbox is a perfect example of VERY compelling. 🥳 You knocked it out of the park on this one!

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 81 Advisor
    edited April 2022

A general question to PLAYBOX users: How are you actually using it in your existing songs?

The sounds and random dices are all great, but I am finding the workflow to be a bit frustrating when using chords in an existing song. I have multiple chords for different sections of my song and it's a bit of pain to first load MIDI or record chords inside PLAYBOX before I can actually make use of it as a layer. Also, you need to load multiple instances of PLAYBOX if you run out of 8 chords or just prefer it that way for using one instance per section. It's a bit hard to explain.

It feels that PLAYBOX is great as an inspiration or song starter, which is of course what it is created for, but not really intuitive when it comes to using it in existing songs. So, unfortunately, I don't agree much on the "game changer for workflow" part of the tagline.

A melodic mode (with full keyboard playability) is turning out to be more important than I initially thought.

Any help would be appreciated in case I am doing it wrong.

• Boomshala
    Boomshala Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello, 2 questions :

a) is there a bank of chords we can use in Playbox ?

b) can one load one's smaples in Playbox ?

Thank you !

Henri

• Peter Harris

Oui et oui. 😁

• lichtkind
    lichtkind Member Posts: 2 Member

How much time goes into development of such instrument? Thanks

• JWW
    JWW Member Posts: 2 Member

Question with regards to Export. When I drag and drop for export it brings all the chords into my DAW timeline.

However, I am not using all the chords (8 of them) I'm only using 4.

Is there a way to just export the chords that you used, and in the position you played them?

It is really a pain to have to go through all chords, lined up 8 in a row, and have to delete the ones you didn't use and move the ones you did use to their correct position on the timeline.

Unless I'm missing something.

Thanks

• badbass
    badbass Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

@JWW AFAIK you have record the actual midi output of Kontakt - then you get the notes as you are hearing them being triggered inside Kontakt/Playbox. Dragging midi out of the interface wont give you what you are looking for.

• Lipaz
    Lipaz Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello,

Do you use a brand new algorythm for pitch shifting the samples?

This discussion has been closed.