Preview sounds not working

Options
raerae28
raerae28 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I have reinstalled Preview database a few times but still some sound libraries dont play previews and they used to before. This is a fresh install on a new mac studio.

40's VO Drums and 40's VO Keys are some examples. I can usually fix this by reinstalling, but WHY is it happening and is there an easier fix?

Any help is appreciated.

R

Answers

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

Hi! Are you on Windows or Mac, and what version of Komplete Kontrol are you on right now? And did you get one of the new MK3 keyboards yet, or are you on one of the older keyboards?

• raerae28
    Options

Mac

KK Version: 3.0.2

New MK3 keyboard on order, still using MK2

This is literally with the actual previews playing back while scrolling thru the browser like it used.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

I just installed 80's Keys and it definitely installed previews too as I can hear them, but I'm not sure where it installs them to, they are not with the actual presets for sure.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

hmm usually re-installing Previews helps fix the issue. Since you mentioned you're using a new mac studio, I suspect your operating system is Sonoma? If so, most of our products are not compatible with Sonoma at the moment, which could be the source of the issue.

• Kymeia
    Options

Would it though for new products like this? I have not been served a Previews library update for as long as I can remember so I presume it has previews for older products but that for newer ones the previews come with the installation?

• AndrewJ
    AndrewJ Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

A similar problem here after moving my Komplete package to a new MacBook. (M2, Sonoma). I have installed and reinstalled Preview but I have no preview sound for any of the instruments in the library. I have no problem playing the instruments so the Preview seems to be the only thing not working with Sonoma.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023
    Options

It does work in Sonoma, there must be something specific to your situation that is making it not work. If there are no previews sounding for anything perhaps you have inadvertently muted them? (try the little preview vol control in the browser)

• raerae28
    Options

Some sounds work, some sounds dont until i reinstall them. Its a little weird.

Seems like others are experiencing similar issues. Yes the sound preview button is on.

RW

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023
    Options

I think it can be expected that to reinstall previews you need to reinstall the libraries they come with, those resources often form part of the install

• AndrewJ
    AndrewJ Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks for that. I had turned it down on the previous laptop because the preview sounds were so much louder than the actual instrument.

Turned out to be too far down. Sorry to intrude on this thread with user error.

• Kymeia
    Options

That's OK, not the first time I've seen this happen, easy to not notice sometimes