My KK S61 MK3 bricked during firmware install & NI hasn't responded in over a week

GuessuR
GuessuR Member Posts: 15 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

Got my S-61 MK3 last week from Vintage King. Was prompted to install firmware, and it bricked. I made a support ticket, and NI hasn't responded in over a week. Anyone else having this issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru

Can you be more specific when you say "bricked" does it no longer power on, does it power on to a white screen, does it power up to the "something went wrong" screen or is it doing something else?

• GuessuR
    edited November 2023

Will not power on...I have it connected to a hub with USB-C ports. I tried connecting a power source (USB-C phone charger) to the power only port, and still no power.

• avdrav
    avdrav Member Posts: 2 Member

This may or may not help. In order to get my firmware to update, I connected to another machine, where the controller powered up, and finished the firmware update. Then I was able to connect to my main machine where it sort of works (keeps freezing/crashing).

• reffahcs

Sounds like a hardware issue. I'm not sure how sensitive the MK3 keyboards are to power. Maybe an issue where the power adapter wasn't properly able to negotiate the correct supply voltage with the keyboard. Things used to be simpler when everything USB was 5 voltages and you just had adapters that could supply more current than others. But now with USB-PD the voltage is all over the place, and is negotiated between the power supply and the device.

If you haven't already opened a support ticket with NI, then I would do so and request an RMA.

If it was in fact the power adapter that caused the issue then NI definitely needs to make people aware of this. To date I've not seen any warnings about not using certain types of USB power supplies. @PoorFellow can you ping the NI hardware folks and see if this is something they're aware of? I don't recall who on here does hardware.

• GuessuR

I'm too much of a newbie to post links, but there's actually a troubleshooting link that says I'll have to send it in. I've already filled out a hardware support ticket, but have yet to receive a response.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    edited November 2023

@Eddie_NI , (I am 'tagging' you at request , please see above) , I noticed that you have been online today so could you please take a look at what 'Reffahcs' refer to ?

• reffahcs

Thanks PoorFellow! Hopefully they can get everything sorted.

• GuessuR

Thanks for the help, guys! @reffahcs @PoorFellow

This discussion has been closed.