Issue with graphics card and Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3

Options

Hello,

I've update Traktor Pro from 3.5.2 to 3.10.1.16 and my S4MK3 doesn't work. I'm attaching screen captures for relevant info. It worked fine with 3.5.2. All drivers are updated. I'm on an older computer.

Thanks.

Comments

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 74 Helper
    Options

It might be because the HD 3000 integrated GPU is not officially supported in Windows 10. There are no official Windows 10 drivers from Intel. Perhaps you are running a default Windows driver with only limited OpenGL support.

Try to run Traktor 3.10.1 in Windows 8.1 and see if that helps.

Since Traktor Pro 3.9 the graphics subsystem has been upgraded and DirectX rendering is no longer supported.

You can also update to Traktor 3.8 which should run fine on your system (even on Windows 10 ;-))

• Chivu George
    Chivu George Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I will uninstall the intel driver and install the one from Dell.

• Chivu George
    Chivu George Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Nothing can be done. I have to download an older version of Traktor, God knows from where. My graphics card is not supported and I'm forced to buy a new laptop, which is unbelievably frustrating. NI had gone down the rabbit hole.

• DJ-Andre
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Chivu, i understand your frustration but your laptop is at least 10 years old. Unfortunately it's impossible to keep old hardware supported forever. It might introduce bugs because it relies on legacy code wich is no longer maintained.

Like I said, you can try a dualboot with Windows 8.1 with the latest drivers from Intel. The official drivers from Intel should support OpenGL 3.1. Traktor requires at least OpenGL 2.1.

• DJ-Andre
    Options

I have found this link: https://gist.github.com/rb-dahlb/26f316c5b6089807a139fc44ee69f0d1

It describes a way to fix OpenGL issues for your GPU on Windows 10. It might help you out but you do so on your own risk. Make a backup of important data before making any changes to the OS and/or graphics drivers.