Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2 can not drag loops and one-shots into a DAW anymore

Options

Comments

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 167 Advisor
    Options

In case you didn't spot it I mentioned this with a certain degree of sarcasm.

The resizable UI has been a highly requested feature for years and v3 finally gave it to us. It seems everything else was forgotten about.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Oh no I got it, I’ve also been rallying for the same things for over 10 years now so my frustration about things is very clearly evident. Especially now we are playing catchup on things but will see these listed as new features, if they are ever addressed.

• Syngularity
    Syngularity Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Just tested it, was curious. Drag and drop works, e. g. samples from Battery within KK 3.1.2 to Cubase audio track.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    Options

That’s not what people are talking about, the problem is drag and drop from the KK browser has been removed- so you can’t now populate, for example, Battery cells with samples from the KK browser, or drag samples from the browser into a DAW

What is really concerning is NI have stated they do plan to bring drag and drop back but have also pretty categorically stated there are no plans to allow the browser window to be in the same view as the plugin that is loaded. I just don’t see how you could bring drag and drop back in a useful manner without also returning to some way of seeing the browser alongside the plugin, so you can then drag from the browser into Battery cells, Kontakt or Reaktor sample maps, or some other sample based/granular plugin.

What worries me about this is that NI may be selectively ignoring the user case for dragging into plugins and just planning to bring back dragging into DAWS which although definitely needed is only a small part of what used to be possible with drag and drop internally within KK

• Bob Flaps
    Bob Flaps Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

So, has anyone heard anything if the drag and drop option from komplete kontrol will return in a future update??? I can't believe they really downgraded this!!! This is so damn useful! NI, c'mon bring it back!!!

• orangutang
    orangutang Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Had to create an account on here to comment on this... Komplete kontrol was such a great browser before! I loved the workflow with dragging samples into my daw, it was the single reason I used it. :(

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,263 mod
    Options

If you have a specific problem with Komplete Kontrol then my advice is to open a thread of your own in the appropriate Komplete Kontrol sub-forum and give all necessary information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version , Komplete Kontrol version , and any other info that might be of help including error messages, an eventual sceenshot of problem and what you have done to troubleshoot so far! Or alternatively contact Komplete Kontrol support instead right away instead !

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    Options

Yes it is confirmed it will return, not sure how or when yet though

• DjObed
    DjObed Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I was just trying to drag and drop as shown in their youtube vid... SUPER EASY they say :( Than I bumped into this discussion.... Yes I can drag and drop from the finder window but it's extra unnecessary work I'd say.

I'm a happy owner of quite some NI soft and hardware and also would LOVE to see the return of this option asap!

• DjObed
    DjObed Member Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 20
    Options

Now I saw the end of this vid,.. specially made for the 9 for 99,- commercial mail from today... and he tells me to DRAG AND DROP... come one NI, serious!?! Use an old version and let people believe its this simple, this is just wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJI1gG2JH0&t=4s

• geiger167
    geiger167 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Yep I noticed this video as well from the new offer for expansion packs it is literally on the page native instruments has just put up. It's completely misleading someone really needs to have a word, the video is two years old and needs removing or updating or the end needs editing to remove the out of date Komplete Kontrol references.

• NickVegas
    NickVegas Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Being new to NI, I looked up all the videos I could to prep for the software and gear. Like many were stating I watched the how to use everything in komplete Kontrol, super disappointed to find out many of the functions are not possible in KK version 3. I started a project this evening with the hope of using expansion sounds (after being a selling point upgrading to ultimate) like everyone else I found it was not “as easy as dragging the one shot into your DAW” it’s the end of march currently and I see that problem still purists.

does anyone know, is downgrading the easiest option? If not, how do you get the expansion samples from komplete Kontrol into your DAW?

• Bankie
    Bankie Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Like others, I installed Komplete Kontrol today after seeing the same video, thinking yeah, that looks easy and maybe I can start making better use of the expansions. Then puzzlement as I can't work out how to drag the samples into Cakewalk. Then perplexment after Googling and finding that you can no longer do the thing that actually sold the idea of the software to me :(

• jokmenen
    jokmenen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Also made an account just for this. Was about to buy the 9 for 99, but wanted to test out some old expansions. But if drag & drop is not possible, then i will not buy the expansions.

• blitze
    blitze Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Not to worry, not only is this an issue but Komplete Kontrol 3 freezes Reaper with NI and 3rd party plugins.

Great sound resources but .....

Downgrade to 2.9 - here I come.