Remove Third Party Instruments Kontak Player 7

Options
Bzzz
Bzzz Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Mac M1 OS 13.5, Logic pro X OS 10.8, Kontak Player 7 current version

I installed two free instruments from 8dio. I listened to them and decided to remove them. I followed NI's instructions and while they are gone, the folder for both (just labeled "Instruments") remains in Kontak along with the patches. Further on NI's site I found info on how to find the Mac's hidden library folder and removed one 8Dio plist. At this point there are no 8dio files on my HD but the folder and patches keep appearing in Kontak.

If anyone can help please chime in. Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Bzzz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jeremy,

Thanks.I now see that 8 dio instruments require the full version of Kontak. I have Kontak Player 7.7. In trying to respond to your questions I keep getting this red bar that reads, "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." When there are no links in my response!

Can you either allow me ro include links or give me an email that will allow me to respond?

Lastly, I'll try your suggestion re: Kontak Crashes.

Thank you, Bzzz

• Bzzz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jeremy,

Thank you!! Following the instructions for Kontak Crashes did the trick. All is well. Thank you for staying with me on this. It was a small issue for sure but your support made all the difference.

Bzzz

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Bzzz Here is how to uninstall products on Mac: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

After deleting all files, you should open Native Access, then Kontakt in standalone.

• Bzzz
    Options

Jeremy,

Thank you for your response. I methodically went thru "How To Uninstall.." again. I found no 8dio files in ANY location. I then opened Native Access, then Kontak 7.7 in standalone and the attached screen shot shows the "Instruments" folder on the left side of the screen and the Patches on the right side of the screen which I'm trying to uninstall. I closed all windows, performed a restart and again it looked exactly like the screen shot. I opened Logic 10.8 and performed a rescan. When I opened Kontak as in instrument it showed the same screen as the one attached.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Many Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

How does the library show in Native Access?

Can you give us a link to these free 8Dio instruments, what's the installation process?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,961 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

One must have a free account to get : https://8dio.com/collections/free-instruments

Download Instructions

Each instrument can be installed by one of the below methods.

Method 1: Click to download the instrument through your browser.

Method 2:  Install the 8DIO Downloader to download your instruments. https://8dio.com/account#downloader

Apparently also then depending on Instruments it may possibly even take extra steps to install UI (?) Ref. : Songwriting Guitar

P.S. : Also : Soundpaint apparently also is free: https://soundpaint.com/pages/free-engine-v2

8Dio appear to be a Soundpaint company or owned by the same. Company address given is also the same !

• Bzzz
    Options

Jeremy and PoorFellow,

Jeremy wrote: >How does the library show in Native Access?<

It does not show up in Native Access. The screen shot I sent looks the same in Kontak Stand alone or as an Instrument in Logic.

>Can you give us a link to these free 8Dio instruments, what's the installation process?<

I went here: (the NI Community won't allow me to post a link. Change the underline to a dot) https:8dio_com/collections/free-instruments

Now when I go there it reads "Purchased". I have removed the 8dio installer and my 8dio account as part of my attempt to delete these instruments.

PoorFellow wrote how 8dio works and essentially is how I downloaded the instruments.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me eliminate these items from my Kontak Player 7.

Buzz

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Bzzz My question was how did you install? What are the install instructions? Do you have a serial number for these free libraries, if not, then they're like user libraries and they will not show as products in Native Access. Either go through these installation steps, delete all the files you had to copy/install.

You can also try and resetting the database as explained here: KONTAKT Crashes

If the files are not deleted properly, it might still show up, please contact 8Dio on how to uninstall their free products.

• Bzzz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jeremy,

Thanks.I now see that 8 dio instruments require the full version of Kontak. I have Kontak Player 7.7. In trying to respond to your questions I keep getting this red bar that reads, "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." When there are no links in my response!

Can you either allow me ro include links or give me an email that will allow me to respond?

Lastly, I'll try your suggestion re: Kontak Crashes.

Thank you, Bzzz

• Bzzz
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jeremy,

Thank you!! Following the instructions for Kontak Crashes did the trick. All is well. Thank you for staying with me on this. It was a small issue for sure but your support made all the difference.

Bzzz