Komplete Kontrol S49 not triggering samples In Logic (Mac)

Options
Andy Holt
Andy Holt Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi getting very frustrated with this so hoping someone can help.

I have been using S49 within Logic Pro for a few years now trouble free . But have just got this new problem. I have set up a sample instrument via Kontakt 6. However I cannot get the S49 to trigger the samples. I can see there is MIDI input info coming in but no sound coming out. I have also tried to set up another instrument in komplete kontrol. It is loaded on the S49 keyboard and again when I play the keys, I can see the input notes showing in Logic, but no sound. FYI, when I use the mouse to trigger sounds that works ok.

I have loaded in a recent track that was working fine, and now that is also not working- I cannot trigger sounds from my S49. Sure I am missing something but just cant see what.

Best

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Andy Holt Can you check the MIDI channel selected in your instrument in Kontakt, maybe this article will help: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• Andy Holt
    Options

Many thanks Jeremy. Since I posted I think I discovered the problem. All the audio files were missing. Not sure how but I think dropbox had a part to play.

Anyway I reloaded them and all good again thanks

• Andy Holt
    Options

Actually no I spoke too soon. All midi channels appear correct and turned on. Weirdly it was working on an old track I loaded but now not working on new track. There is obviously something I am not doing but cannot figure what. I keep switching between old and new track, it works in old track but not in new and I cannot see any differences with midi channels etc

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andy Holt But in any case, are you able to hear the sounds when you press the keys on the onscreen keyboard of Kontakt?

• Andy Holt
    Options

yes I can and my logic screen shows incoming MID info

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andy Holt Do Komplete Kontrol and Logic both have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Andy Holt
    Options

yes they both do along with Kontakt etc

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andy Holt Are you using Logic 10.8? Did that start to happen with this version of Logic?

• Andy Holt
    Options

No I am using 10.7.9 I am not going to update Logic or OS until the apps I am using say its ok

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andy Holt That's awkward. I've contacted you by email, my colleagues will need to have a deeper look in your issue.