Questions for Owners of Maschine & Akai MPC One, Live, and/or Force

Options
2»

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

@Davin thank you for the nice compilation.

I believe the 3.0.5 update improved the arranger/automation functionality massively

Yeah, those Akai Pro videos are phantastic in suggesting the latest update improves functionality massively. I fell for them every time, expecting to love my Live after updating, just to still find it „meh“.

But at least it’s freakin’ stable.

I wish my M+ was as stable. I could live with the rest of the limitations (for now). But as @drewhjava mentioned, I need to break out to finish tracks on the computer even when staying in Maschine 2.0.

• three_eyed_otter
    three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Arrange mode is the best out of any system I've ever used besides Cakewalk Project 5.

It's a shame Project 5 never could learn to swim; too much interference from SONAR buggy releases & haters blaming Cakewalk for wasting their time on Project 5.

Have a good one,

3EO

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    edited January 2022
    Options

I have Maschine+ and MPC One with the HAKAI firmware (project full-force !) that allow me to use the Force firmware on my MPC One (and switch back to the common MPC firmware, and no need to reinstall it).

Imo those 2 (3) machines have very big downside and goodside (will see what the 1.4 Maschine+ firmware will add). But the 2 together (M+ and MPC/Force) are quite just what you are looking for. But as option, you have the Squarp pyramid which is the Maschine/Maschine+ sequencer but far way better and midi functions far way better than MPC but without the audio part.

Combine the Squarp pyramid and a MPC if you have hardware synth, and imo that's it. Squarp pyramid as sequencer and MPC as Drumbox/Audio module/Mixer/Fx. Imo the combo Squarp pyramid + Maschine/Maschine+ is more limited concerning audio and presets/midi learn than Squarp + MPC or Force.

The problem is neither Maschine/Maschine+ or MPC/Force fullfill all the wants, and they are neither flexible if you didn't want to be "in jail". If you take Maschine/Maschine+ only, automation is cumbersome and you will have to wait (certainly a while for improvement, and not sure you be happy with choices). If you take a MPC or a Force, the song mode could be cumbersome (also improvement could take time or never happen). And for both, you can't easily import/export midi file. Squarp pyramid create natively midi file even for each patterns per track, and it is easy to use them. So you will be not in jail with Ableton or Maschine to easily transfert your pattern an a Daw.

On my side I wait what NI will offer on the 1.4 firmware of Maschine+, and if about midi capabilities/automation and editing (macro/tag) nothing interesting will be present. I will buy a squarp pyramid.