Kontakt 7.5 and above give major problems loading Cubase. Am I the only one?

Options
glennloopez
glennloopez Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I have the latest Kontakt 7 and Kontakt 6 installed on my computer together with the rest of my Komplete 14 package. I am running AMD 5900 on an Asus x570 mainboard with 128 GB RAM and 2+2 2GB Crucial discs and some SATA drives. I have all Native stuff on the C drive except my Kontakt stuff which is on a separate drive. All on Windows 11 latest.

Since Kontakt 7.5 I have had big problems loading projects in Cubase 12 and 13 (not really running Cubase 13 yet as it is unusable with graphic issues but that is another story). I noticed that for newer projects I rarely have to try more than 1-2 times and then I am up and running stable once it loads. I have been loading older projects lately (some with Kontakt 5, most with v6) and I might have to try loading a project up to 10-12 times before I get up and running (I do not have Kontakt 5 installed yet Kontakt somehow gets loaded?)

so what happens is that Cubase just shuts down while loading, then after a few tries I might get some error messages and it keeps shutting down time and time again. Very annoying indeed. Even if I work on a project and it is running just fine for 3-4 hours, the next day when loading Cubase could very often need 2-3 times of rebooting to manage to load the project.

Am I the only one? any suggestions on how to fix this? I am all out of a desire to work even before I get started

Answers

• glennloopez
    Options

and in all the Cubase dmp files it lists kontakt.dll as guilty party for the crash.

• metrosuperstar
    metrosuperstar Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm having issues as well. KK 3 crashes when I try to load a Kontakt patch, and Cubase 13 crashes half the time at startup once it gets to the process of initializing Kontakt 7.vst3. Other times when I manage to get inside Cubase, then it will tend to crash if I load a patch there but thru KK. My standalone Kontakt 7 seems to work fine.

• glennloopez
    Options

I see there is a new v7.7 out today, fingers crossed the issues have been addressed.

• metrosuperstar
    metrosuperstar Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

In my case, it didn't resolve anything. However, I did manage to make Cubase start smoothly over and over and over again after I removed Kontakt 7.vst3 from the VST3 folder (I placed it temporarily on my desktop). I'm looking to revert to pre-7.6 to see if that will resolve issues on my end. Keep me posted with your troubleshooting!

• SupaReels
    SupaReels Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I have the same long wait before a project loads in Cubase 12 pro. My sample drive is an SSD so I feel it should be fast enough to deal with large projects ... but it runs up to 100% for several mins before the project can be worked on.

Interestingly I had used Sonar platinum a long time ago and tried using a template with Kontakt heavy samples ... and it loaded quickly!? without a problem.

I read and suffer this loading problem but I am unsure of where this tiresome problem comes from .. You invest money and time and still have these bugs.🤔

• Papa Bach'ish
    Papa Bach'ish Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

We’ve been having similar issues as described above for approximately two to three months.

Whenever we attempt to open Kontakt 7 through Cubase, it either works perfectly fine, or gives a serious error. Restarting Cubase and / or the computer may not resolve the issue. At a random point in the future, it appears to work again perfectly. It is erratic, and difficult for us to pinpoint any major causes or symptoms.

Although the Cubase error report suggests that we contact Steinberg support, the support points us to the local agent with a failed web page. That said, all indications appears to suggest the problem and issues is with Kontact 7.

We are extremely frustrated with the setup and not overly impressed with the Native Instruments support structure.

• glennloopez
    Options

while this problem still exists for me I noticed I get fewer problems when not using custom scaling