Komplete Kontrol crashing Logic Pro after upgrade to 3.0.1

Options
AxelDaxel
AxelDaxel Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

After upgrading Komplete Kontrol to 3.0.1 my Logic Pro is crashing while playing a project with about 10 NI instruments loaded. It appears to me as a memory issue but don't know. I just downgraded Komplete Kontrol to 2.9.4 and everything runs just fine again. Any suggestions? Maybe just wait for Sonoma Compatibility?

Best Answer

• AxelDaxel
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just as a confirmation: Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2 fixed the issue. Thanks for your help

Answers

• Nilo_NI
    Nilo_NI Customer Care Posts: 23 mod
    Options

Hi AxelDaxel,

if you install the Hardware Connection Service from Native Access, does the issue persist?

• AxelDaxel
    Options

How do i do that. I don't see any hardware connection service in Native Access

• Nilo_NI
    Options

Hi AxelDaxel,

Please find a direct installer for Hardware Connection Service below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lid97pq8f4NPzsmEUJP1jKzkYN29LuEY/view?usp=drive_link

• AxelDaxel
    Options

Maybe just a question before i install it. What is that service doing. I don't understand the purpose of it as Logic crashes just at playback with no NI keyboard attached.

• Nilo_NI
    Options

It's possible that with the release of the keyboard and the update for Komplete Kontrol and also Kontakt to make it compatible with the MK3 keyboards, Komplete Kontrol / Kontakt is looking for this hardware connection service.

The alternative you have already discovered - by downgrading the Komplete Kontrol software.

There is a chance that it could also be due to Sonoma, since the team haven't finished testing there.

In any case, I'm hopeful that these issues will be resolved with the forthcoming updates for Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt.

• AxelDaxel
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just as a confirmation: Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2 fixed the issue. Thanks for your help