Maschine Hardware Not Reflecting Active VST Instance in Cubase

Options
Frits
Frits Member Posts: 14 Member

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with my Maschine MK3 hardware when using the software as a VST plugin in Cubase. I have set up multiple VST tracks in Cubase, each with Maschine instances. However, when I switch between these tracks, the Maschine hardware does not update to reflect the currently active VST instance/window I am working on in Cubase. This makes it challenging to know or control which instance I am currently working with.

Here's a step-by-step breakdown of my setup and the issue:

1. I create multiple VST tracks in Cubase, each loaded with Maschine instances.
  2. I switch between these tracks to work on different parts of my project.
  3. The Maschine hardware doesn't update to show the active VST instance corresponding to the selected track in Cubase.

I am looking for a way to ensure that the Maschine hardware updates correctly to reflect the active VST instance as I switch between different tracks in Cubase. Ideally, I'd like the hardware to sync and show the correct information for the active Maschine VST instance, making it easier to manage my workflow.

I have tried checking the MIDI settings and ensuring the firmware of my Maschine hardware is up-to-date, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else faced this issue, and is there a solution to ensure the Maschine hardware reflects the active VST instance/window in Cubase when switching between multiple VST tracks?

I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Options

I don't think this is going to work very well, why would you want to use multiple VST's in the first place?

The problem as I see it is that the VST is basically the software that's controlling the hardware, but if you load up multiple versions that may result in inconsistent behavior, or worse.

As such my question: why would you even want to do this? I mean, Maschine is perfectly capable of handling multiple tracks and routing its audio through different channels if need be.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,111 mod
    Options

This is not possible with the maschine vst like with komplete kontrol. You can use the instance button on maschine but then it will not select the corresponding track in cubase.

• Frits
    Options

Thanks for your responses - however that's a lot of ..

Of course you can have multiple instances of a VST instrument!

An I do it all the time absolutely without issues. Also with Maschine.

And the HW is able to update which one to show, it does so when it's (re) chosen in the VST instance.

It's just annoying that one have to actually click on it from the list in the VST instance each time.

It could happen by "got_focus()".. or perhaps you knew of a setting or a tip but you didn't.

• Danny_57
    Danny_57 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Frits,

I had the same issue as you with Cubase and multiple instances of Maschine. My initial reason for doing it was so I could have Cubase control the audio effects for each individual instrument rather than one global effect across all the Mashine Pads/Instruments. This may not be what you wanted from it.

But if it was - My work around was a single instance of Mashine with each Instrument/Pad having both it's own Midi and Audio track in Cubase.

This video explains the process pretty well. Each instrument having it's own Cubase audio track allows control over effects and routing to busses etc.

Search YouTube for - "Tutorial - Maschine and Cubase Integration & Routing (2019)"

• Frits
    Options

Thanks a lot.

Not my situation, but very helpful, thanks :)