Knowing if I have the full version of an instrument/plugin.

Options
Richard Adkins
Richard Adkins Member Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2023 in Kontakt

I have KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTORS EDITION and I'll be upgrading to the latest version very soon. How do I know if the instruments I see in KONTAKT 7 now are full version or smaller versions of what I have or will have when I upgrade to the latest version of Komplete 14 Collectors Edition? My version of Komplete 14 CE was purchased on 05/25/23 if that matters.

It's things like my Session Horns Pro, Stradivari Chelos and Violin only have 12 presets each. Is that what's normal? I don't know how to compare what I have to other version of instruments/sounds. I can't seem to find any way to know if there are things like version numbers on the instruments. That might be handy.

A big reason I'm asking this is, I'm about to add many new instruments such as the Symphony Series Collection, among others, and I don't want to pay for duplicates of anything. Of course.

Thanks,

Richard

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

K14 CE at the moment IS the latest version (15 still have to come out). And also the most complete: practically you own ALL the software they produced, in their complete versions (except for a few that came out after its release…if you need I can list them for you).

All the instruments you have can be updated to its newer version through Native Access (no need to pay for anything, it’s included in your Komplete bundle). Be aware that there are some issues with some libraries lately, have a look at the forum for some reports

In this page you can see what’s included in your bundle, so you can discover which ones are the few that came out after its release (the ones not listed in this page):

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I made the list for you, since I can understand your doubts… lately is not that easy to understand which instruments NI released, since now they list also so many third parties NKS plugins… If you go in NI website under Products you could even have the impression you are in Heavyocity or Soniccouture sites, since they have more products from these companies listed than the NI ones…

In the end the ones released after K14 are not so few. Many of them are expansions or Play series instruments, but there are a bunch:

Applications:

Guitar Rig 7

Instruments:

Session Ukulele

Homage

Rudiments

Fables

Bazzazian Tapes

Valves Pro

Sway

Feel it

Icon bass

Utopia

Schema Dark

Duets

Expansions:

Drift theory

Rolling Tides

Bazzazian

Hazy Days

Higher Place

Rare Vibrations

Borough Chops

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

K14 CE at the moment IS the latest version (15 still have to come out). And also the most complete: practically you own ALL the software they produced, in their complete versions (except for a few that came out after its release…if you need I can list them for you).

All the instruments you have can be updated to its newer version through Native Access (no need to pay for anything, it’s included in your Komplete bundle). Be aware that there are some issues with some libraries lately, have a look at the forum for some reports

In this page you can see what’s included in your bundle, so you can discover which ones are the few that came out after its release (the ones not listed in this page):

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I made the list for you, since I can understand your doubts… lately is not that easy to understand which instruments NI released, since now they list also so many third parties NKS plugins… If you go in NI website under Products you could even have the impression you are in Heavyocity or Soniccouture sites, since they have more products from these companies listed than the NI ones…

In the end the ones released after K14 are not so few. Many of them are expansions or Play series instruments, but there are a bunch:

Applications:

Guitar Rig 7

Instruments:

Session Ukulele

Homage

Rudiments

Fables

Bazzazian Tapes

Valves Pro

Sway

Feel it

Icon bass