Komplete Kontrol VST2 missing after 3.0.0 update

Options

Comments

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 177 Helper
    edited October 2023
    Options

You need to give better instruction on how to get this working. Simply copying the Komplete Kontrol VST2.dll is not working

Thats Both ReaperDAW and Ableton they do not see the Komplete Kontrol 2 dll file, becuase obviously whey the plugin scanner calls up the check, there is no komplete kontrol 2 program to open, as I have installed Komplete Kontrol 3.

So what is the method here?

you stated: Install Komplete Kontrol 2 first, do a plugin scan, then copy the vst2.dll somewhere safe. As Komplete Kontrol 3 will delete it.

Now I install Komplete Kontrol3 and and let it do its plugin scan.

I then paste the Komplete Kontrol 2 .DLL file back in my VST2 folder.

Now when I rum my DAWs none of them see the Komplete Kontrol 2 .dll file, (well Ableton did the first time but then crashed. So i assume albeton has put a note to not even try and scan it the next time,

Reaper does not see it.

And I am thinking, the plugin scanners all test each VST to make sure they work, nut if the VST2 is trying to open Komplete kontrol 2, well it's not there anymore! is it?

• rdalcroft
    Options
  • rdalcroft
    Options

Here is Cubase after scanning?

• rdalcroft
    edited October 2023
    Options

Now its been added to its black list.

Wait forget the Cubase one, Cubase automatically migrates to the VST3, so no issue for cubase,

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,867 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

This works for me on Mac - it enables me to have a VST2 version of 2.9.6 (which I run in Reaper in Rosetta mode) and a VST3 and AU of KK 3.01, and standalone of both (the standalone KK 2.9.6 I also run in Rosetta so I can access legacy VST2s)

Install 2.9.6

Move the KK 2.9.6 application into a new folder, which I just renamed to Komplete Kontrol 2.9

Make a ZIP of the VST2 plugin to back it up

Install KK 3.01 (it must be this version or later as it has a separate scanapp now)

Check it hasn't overwritten the VST2 with the KK3 VST2 (if so restore your backed up copy, for me it didn't do that, but it might on some systems)

Run both in standalone first before attempting to use the plugin versions

• rdalcroft
    Options

Ahh so I have to install it in a different location, the program as well? That was not mentioned in the instruction, they said just copy the .DLL file.

This is a pain in the arse!!

• rdalcroft
    Options

Ahh so I have to install it in a different location, the program as well? That was not mentioned in the instruction, they said just copoy the .DLL file.

This is a pain.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,867 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

I don’t know who said that but if the 2 versions of the app have the same name then obviously one needs to be in different location or at least renamed (unless on Windows they already have different names, in which case you don’t need to, on Mac they don’t)

• rdalcroft
    Options

Yes, komplete control 3 actually replaces Komplete Kontrol 2 when you update it through Native access.

I may come back to this, but for now, I can't be bothered to uninstall 3 again, install 2, rescan plugins, move to a different location, install 3, rescan all plugins.

I am done with this software, broke all my old projects,

• rdalcroft
    Options

Just installed 2.9.6 and left it. I will come back in 6 months and maybe see how version 3 has progressed. But for now, its a no go for me.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,284 mod
    Options

I tried a side-by-side install but didn't really work for me. I was getting products scans every time I started the software so I decided not to spend more time on it. Currently running 3.0.1 and it seems ok, it just means that my S61 MK1 has turned into a dumb controller rather than having all the on-device browsing. Not really bothered about the transport controls as I use a CC121 with Cubase and I mapped the knobs to the Quick controls.

-- Mike

• Bruno_NI
    Bruno_NI Product Team Posts: 5 mod
    Options

Hi everybody,

Regarding the Komplete Kontrol.dll on windows. If you save a copy of the Komplete Kontrol.dll on your system and then copy it back to the Plug-ins folder, it should work.

Noticed there are 2 paths on Windows that NI installers are using:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugins and C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

Make sure you are using the one your DAW is using.

If it is not recognised in Live, pressing alt+rescan should force the rescan. We had some issues internally with non authorised builds but should not be an issue with your copy.

On Cubase reactivating Komplete Kontrol.dll should also work.

We cannot reproduce that issue internally, so any more informations is appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

• rdalcroft
    Options

Thanks, yes I think that version of 2.6.9 was getting blacklisted on Ableton, so it didn't matter whicj way I tried.

Now I have Ableton working with 2.6.9 I will now attempt to install, Komplete Kontrol 3.01, and give it another go. Copying the VST2 first, and now that ableton has white listed it, I hope that should be it.

• rdalcroft
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello, ok I can confirm this does not work, as you guys are describing.

Have you actually tested this method on a Windows system???

1. In reaper, the VST2 just crashes reaper, because there is no Komplete Kontrol 2.6.9 any more, only 3.01.
    2. Ableton it says the VST2 is no longer compatible see pic:
    3. In Ableton the VST2 was working fine, when 2.6.9 was installed.

And when you think about it, it makes sense.

On an apple system both programs are installed, and are running side by side.

On windows, upgrading to 3.01 uninstalls 2.6.9. Here lies this issue.

• Rollo
    Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I tried the instructions and KK VST 2 still does not show up in Live 11. I have a bunch of projects that remain broken. This is on a Mac running Sonoma. Is there something else I need to do?