Komplete Kontrol VST2 missing after 3.0.0 update

Options
14567810»

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,644 Expert
    Options

Honestly, unless you have an MK3 keyboard,. just delete V3 of the KK software and stick to v2. You are really not missing much at all (likely you will find you miss much more with V3 than in V2)

Don't think of it as a downgrade to go back to V2, KK V3 is basically a completely different application as far as I am concerned. V3 should only be installed by those using MK3 or if they are willing to sit and spend hours testing each project for compatibility. If you rely on your setup for income and value your own sanity, just stick to v2 and maybe check on things in a year or 2 when KK hopefully matures a bit.

• MyOwnShadow
    MyOwnShadow Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Very true JesterMgee!

Then again, I will first finish and export all newer projects to 24 bit, that I made, using V3. Because I do not know if those will function after the "downgrade"... But I will see this and unless NI comes up with a working version of KK V3, I will go that path.

Thanks a lot!

• Lovelight
    Lovelight Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 29
    Options

What would be the problem for NI if the KK 3.x would still support VST2 ? Its really a pain in the ---for all projects made before this new version, can't see any logic in this not being backward compatible.

Imagine if this would happen with MIDI 2.0.

• decto
    decto Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

just wanted to leave some hate here. I mean I could have read the release nmote, maybe they would have warned me. but I just updated, opened a project and bam, all the komplete v2 tracks gone inn abnleton... polugin is missing. great job!

I also read that sdome DAW (Cubase) are able to switch from vst2 to vst3... so could be also abletoins responsibility, any way, I'm f.... and now I gotta find out how top get my old komplete back.

Would be nice if NI would let us know, any links in here?

• rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

Just reinstall the 2.9.6 installer.

And everything will be back to normal.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    Options
  • rdalcroft
    rdalcroft Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options
  • FilmCompos3r
    FilmCompos3r Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Obviously the solution here was to structure this so that KK2 could live alongside KK3 on the same computer.

It's a much smaller tradeoff to no longer have the keyboard sync up with KK2 instances than to not have any access whatsoever to the patches loaded in KK2 once updated to KK3.

What a mess.

• Lionzinio
    Lionzinio Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

This doesn't solve the issue that the S1 keyboards are no longer supported in version 3, which essentially means there is no point in upgrading if you own any of these.