The Komplete Kontrol Update has wiped out All my song presets which destroys me entirely!

Options
DesperateCreative
DesperateCreative Member Posts: 2 Member

Im so frustratred,

I updated komplete kontrol on native access, and all my FL studio project files that have Komplete Kontrol in them have been erased. The song structure is still there, but the preset or instrument associated with the structure is now blank. And this has happened to ALL OF MY PROJECTS FROM THE PAST 4 years.

Thank you Native Access!

Answers

• Pendruccombe
    Pendruccombe Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Me too. Just googling this very thing. Am in the middle of a project and it's wiped all the presets/instruments in every project from the last 2.5 years. I'm devastated. What on earth are they doing?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

The presets will still be there, the new version uses a different database (which is good because it leaves the previous one intact) which needs rebuilding after install. Or, if you don't want the hassle, you can also revert to the previous version from here:

komplete-kontrol-2-9-6-last-vst2-supported-version

• Pendruccombe
    Options

Just removed the update and reinstalled a previous version. All fine now. Here's the link that i used to get the old version.https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17363/komplete-kontrol-s-series-mk1-keyboards-end-of-life/p1

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

I just posted the link above to the latest version of KK2, this takes you to a slightly older one now that had a couple of bugs the new one fixes

• Pendruccombe
    Options

Thanks. Will install later. So behind on project now due to KK3 that I'm just going to have to use the one I've got.

• DesperateCreative
    DesperateCreative Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yeah none of this seemed to work guys.

I reset it back to 2.9.6 and it worked for a second! But then it mentioned that "There was a problem opening the plugin Komplete Kontrol for an unknown reason. Please make sure it was installed correctly" on FL Studio.

I didn't uninstall Komplete Kontrol 3's Update, I simply overrode it with this 2.9.6 one. Am I supposed to completely UNINSTALL Kontakt 7, and Komplete Kontrol from Native Access, then reinstall 2.9.6 to potentially see if the files have linked?

Thanks for the mess again Native Instruments!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

You should have uninstalled Komplete Kontrol 3 fully first before installing KK v2. Even then, people seem to sometimes have an issue getting things back working but just try uninstall V3 from the control panel, also uninstall V2 as well then reinstall again. Where you may have issues is if you use VST2 still, just confirm that plugin is installed where it needs to go on your system. I installed on my test computer first back when it was in Beta (would never install it on my production system) before uninstalling and reinstalling V2 literally after 30 minutes of mind boggling frustration.