Changing Light Guide on Kontrol S61 MK3 to Have Different Colors on Each Octave

Options
akmusictech
akmusictech Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I used to be able to customize the Light Guide colors for each octave (or any desired range) on my previous NI keyboard (MK 1) through the Controller Editor. However, this feature no longer functions with the MK 3.

Is there a way to achieve this customization in Komplete Kontrol or another available editor for MK 3?

I came across a post stating that the MIDI icon in Komplete Kontrol is currently unavailable for MK3 keyboards, but NI is actively working on adding this functionality. My question is whether the Light Guide customization, similar to what was available in Controller Editor, will be part of this upcoming feature?

Thank you,

-AK

Best Answer

• Nilo_NI
    Nilo_NI Customer Care Posts: 23 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @akmusictech ,

yes this will be implemented. I've no info on a time-line yet but it's definitely on the radar.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

Hello,

there was an AMA but i can´t remember that this was asked, there where so many q and a´s.

Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3 - Page 17 — Community (native-instruments.com)

around page 15 Matthew_NI is answering, i can mark @Kaiwan_NI maybe she knows.

But i would guess it will be implemented, the question is when.

• Nilo_NI
    Nilo_NI Customer Care Posts: 23 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @akmusictech ,

yes this will be implemented. I've no info on a time-line yet but it's definitely on the radar.

• thePostman
    thePostman Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This might be still possible with Reaktor. That is how I do it, but I have a MK I, so I am not sure if this would still work with MK 3.

I have created a Reaktor ensemble to do this. Look in the Reaktor User Library for Key Split Colors, see:

native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15083/

(I am not allowed to use full links in these posts yet. I am member of this forum since more than a decade, but due to the new setup of the forum, somehow all my previous posts and history have been erased and now I am regarded as a newby again…).

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I'm wondering why the user goes to the settings and chooses a color selection. Then goes back to the plugin and the keybed light guide reverted back to blue. Mismatched with the rest of the lights.

Or why the user can't set the colours per plugin. Set it and it would be saved indefinitely.