Guitar Rig 6 and FCB1010 not working

Options
Overlykilled
Overlykilled Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Howdy all!

I just purchased GR6 (right before 7 came out) and decided to get a midi pedal board. Most everyone said FCB1010. Great. Got it, followed all the easy instructions. Got some editor software to program it. All going well. Even getting signal in a midi monitor. Pop open GR6 and no midi signal, no learn functions working. nothing. Factory reset everything, reinstall GR6. still nothing, SO i open Ableton. See midi signal from the controller, load up GR6. still nothing. I am losing my patience and just want this to work. I have followed everything i can and dont see anything in any other forums. Any advice?

Cheers!

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,294 Expert
    Options

Did you try both GR standalone and GR as a plugin in Ableton/

Did you check the midi inputs in GR preferences?

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Did you follow the instructions about how to set up MIDI in the preferences?

https://native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/guitar-rig-manual/en/preferences#midi

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

likely either your input audio routing is incorrect or your sample rate is mismatched

check both!

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023
    Options

FCB1010 is merely a midi controller. I don’t think audio has anything related here.

Unless OP will come back saying that also the sound is not coming out

• Overlykilled
    Overlykilled Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

No issues with sound. The MIDI setting on GR6 (as minimal as they are) detect the MIDI interface i am using and i see MIDI information coming out of the device using a monitor. This is in stand alone as well. When using Ableton i see (in ableton) midi signal but still noting in GR6 VST. When i click the learn function, nothing happens however it can be highlighted as opposed to it being greyed out like the clear midi function.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

Hello, this tool is great to troubleshoot: https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

The logs should show what’s going on.

Grtz,

Wouter

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Have you seen this video? (Not sure it’s gonna help, since your problem is not setting up FCB1010 but GR not receiving the midi…but maybe following these step can help)

Also…I forgot to ask: did you check in GR Preferences/MIDI if the channel is set up correctly as the one you set up while configuring FCB?

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023
    Options

In facts, the part about GR is the one that he is covering the less.

So…what about my question? How did you set up the MIDI side in GR preferences? Did you chose the same midi channel as the one you set up for FCB?

Did you have a look at the section of the manual suggested by Eddie_NI?