Studio Drummer - Groove Browser is empty

Options
remmet
remmet Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2023 in Kontakt

Apparently I've had Studio Drummer for a while and never used it. Native Access suggested reinstalling it, which I did. But I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. The Groove Browser (which I expected would be filled with all the MIDI grooves) is empty. The Studio Drummer Library, as viewed in Kontakt 7's file browser, shows all the Groove folders in the various styles, and a search of the file path confirmed that the midi tracks do exist in their folders in their proper location on the computer. But how do I get Studio Drummer to incorporate them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,110 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

have you started kontakt 7 stand alone first after installing everything? In the browser if you see the picture and the name "Studio Drummer" you go down right to a triangle right from "Instruments", you click on that and select "open containing folder". Then you should see a "MIDI Files" folder with all the styles\grooves inside.

• remmet
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, when I booted up my system the next day, everything was there! I don't know why, but it's working now, and that's good enough for me! :)

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,110 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

have you started kontakt 7 stand alone first after installing everything? In the browser if you see the picture and the name "Studio Drummer" you go down right to a triangle right from "Instruments", you click on that and select "open containing folder". Then you should see a "MIDI Files" folder with all the styles\grooves inside.

• remmet
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, when I booted up my system the next day, everything was there! I don't know why, but it's working now, and that's good enough for me! :)