Plugins opened in Komplete Kontrol 3.0.0 don't load

Options
Marcin 112030
Marcin 112030 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

I have updated “Komplete Kontrol” to version 3. 0. 0 and when I open my saved project in FL Studio 21 and i am click “Komplete Kontrol VST” it turns out that the plugin that was opened in "Komplete Kontrol" plugin does not load i. e. it does not read a previously loaded and saved virtual instrument. "Komplete Kontrol" is empty. This is the situation in every other project. This is the case in every other project in which I used instruments opened via “Komplete Kontrol”.

Martin.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,379 mod
    Options
  • Alex DLC
    Alex DLC Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you.

Since I updated komplete kontrol 3.

I'm on Cubase 10, and similarly when I load less recent projects the plugin that was opened in the "Komplete Kontrol" plugin doesn't load, it doesn't read a previously loaded and saved virtual instrument. Komplete Kontrol" is empty.

What's the solution, as I'm faced with a huge void to work with? Is it possible to go back to the previous version of komplet kontrol without having to uninstall everything?

Thanks in advance

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

I’d seriously suggest just sticking with v2.x for the time being unless you are unfortunate enough to have an MK3

• Marcin 112030
    Marcin 112030 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

How can you revert to 2. x (?)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options

However it sounds like you need to try rescanning your plugins and rebuilding the NKS database first before abandoning the new version. It has a separate database to the old one so run it in standalone first and rescan plugins and the database, do the same with the plugin version, then see if your projects load

• Alex DLC
    Alex DLC Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

well, I have a few things to tell you...

1 Thanks for your quick reply

2 and WAW I switched back to the previous version of komplet kontrol via the link you sent, I just had to install it and switch back to the previous version without any problems.

And boom, it works, I've got all my sounds selected again, and my vsts loaded on all my projects, even the older ones.

So THANK YOU very much, sincerely, fully, musically.🙏

• Kymeia
    Options

Awesome glad it worked. I think what is happening with the ‘missing presets’ issue being reported in several threads is because KK3 has a different database to KK2 so when it is first loaded it can appear as if stuff is missing. The important point is the presets themselves are still there, it’s just the database needs rebuilding. NI have not really communicated the need for this, so people are understandably panicking thinking they have lost presets when they are actually still there but not in the new database.

So either they need to let KK3 do its stuff, rescan the plugins and rebuild the NKS database, or revert, like you have, because KK2 uses its own database, which you can see is still intact

• Mkohut
    Mkohut Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Sadly I have reverted back to 2.X KK and still have the same issue. I have rescanned plugins and the Library. Any other ideas?

• Conjure0193
    Conjure0193 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Same issue with cubase 12, had to revert back ....😢

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

Suggestion would be for anyone who values their workflow, stability or sanity, just stick with v2.x. Pretend it is a mac and just dont update for 6-12 months until things are stable :)

• Conjure0193
    Conjure0193 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Good advice.

1rst time for Komplete Kontrol ...

VST Wrapper solution always been painfull ... i remember Automap .... it's hurt ...

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

It’s best not to update to KK 3.0 if you have any older projects that used vst2 plugins.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,235 mod
    Options

Noooo ... I'd wiped Automap from my memory and you've put it back ..... 😂

• Quinton L
    Quinton L Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

I'm going to comment int he main KK3 feedback thread, as well, but I'm running FL Studio and having the same issue with projects as described here. I was not using any VST2s.