How does the Audio Plugin work with different patterns of the same group?

Rnds
Rnds Member Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi guys.

I’m confused by the Audio Plugin and how it works with different Patterns of the same group.

let me explain what i did.

I sampled my external Synthesizer into the Sound slots 1 to 16.

Next i made sure that each Sound slot use the Audio Plugin

Now i created a couple Patterns.

What i want to achieve now is that every Pattern plays a different Sound.

So Pattern 1 plays the sample from Sound Slot 1.Pattern 2 plays the sample from Sound Slot 2 and so on.

And here the confusion starts.

If i select Pattern 2 and mute every Sound except the one in Slot 2 it doesn’t work.

What should i do to make this working correctly?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

A "Mute" is not the kind of information that is saved within a Pattern.

When you load a loop into the Audio Plug-in it automatically activates itself (waveform is visible) but if you double click it then it gets deactivated (waveform disappears); you can use this to have different Audio Plugs On/Off in each Pattern.

You can also use Gate Mode, which requires a note recorded on each Pad to hear the Loop.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Do you mean by Audio Plugin Maschine 2?

If yes, you let all Slots selected. And in Pattern 1 enter "notes" just for Sound slot 1, in Pattern 2 in Sound 2, and so on....

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

A "Mute" is not the kind of information that is saved within a Pattern.

When you load a loop into the Audio Plug-in it automatically activates itself (waveform is visible) but if you double click it then it gets deactivated (waveform disappears); you can use this to have different Audio Plugs On/Off in each Pattern.

You can also use Gate Mode, which requires a note recorded on each Pad to hear the Loop.

• Rnds
    Rnds Member Posts: 14 Member

Thx. This was very helpful!