How do I import ".mid" MIDI preset files into Massive?

Jamesbtex
Jamesbtex Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Massive X & Synths

I recently purchased a preset package for Massive, and I'm running on Windows 11 Pro, using Ableton Suite 11.

One directory in the package contained many sound presets with the .nmsv file ID's, and clear instructions on what to do with them (place them in the Documents\Native Instruments\Massive\Sounds\ folder).

However, the second directory in the package contained many Midi Preset files with the .mid file ID's, yet it came with no instructions on what to do with them. I looked over all the documentation that came in the package and the Massive User manual but couldn't find the answer to this question. The only instruction I came across stated that usually one would go to File, Open, Import Midi, however Ableton doesn't have this feature. I could also not find anyway to import Midi files in Massive.

The only thing it talked about in the user manual, talked about using Macros to control other features and saving those results to a file.

I would have thought that Massive, if it even uses Midi Files, would have a common location where it would store these .mid Midi files, but if it does, I couldn't find any instructions on that.

Does anyone know how to import ".mid" Midi preset files into Massive?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod
    Answer ✓

You can't - I think they are probably meant as a construction kit for tracks using Massive in a DAW

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod
    Answer ✓

You can't - I think they are probably meant as a construction kit for tracks using Massive in a DAW

• Jamesbtex
    Jamesbtex Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Thank you for the feedback. That is what I kind of thought, but needed to ask.

Anyone else have any opinions?

This discussion has been closed.