any plans of releasing komplete kontrol 3 on big sur??

Options
raspa
raspa Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Well as the tittle says i just found out that komplete 3 is only mac os 12 and onwards.I find this ridiculous cause big sur is not even 3 years old

Best Answer

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

We do not officially support Big Sur with Komplete Kontrol 3.0. There are a number of reasons for this, but the key ones are:

1. We have finite teams and supporting more than three versions of macOS would take substantial resources (Engineering, QA, Customer Support, etc) away from building new features and products.
    2. Apple are constantly updating macOS and we are reliant on certain features and especially bug fixes. For example, Kontrol Mk3 specifically requires macOS 12.5 or macOS 13.5 or higher as Apple fixed some critical MIDI bugs in macOS 13.5 and these were only back-ported to macOS 12.5. There are other similar examples in software, particularly regarding MIDI 2.0.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,297 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

I would tag the thread as Feature Request to make it more visible

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

We do not officially support Big Sur with Komplete Kontrol 3.0. There are a number of reasons for this, but the key ones are:

1. We have finite teams and supporting more than three versions of macOS would take substantial resources (Engineering, QA, Customer Support, etc) away from building new features and products.
    2. Apple are constantly updating macOS and we are reliant on certain features and especially bug fixes. For example, Kontrol Mk3 specifically requires macOS 12.5 or macOS 13.5 or higher as Apple fixed some critical MIDI bugs in macOS 13.5 and these were only back-ported to macOS 12.5. There are other similar examples in software, particularly regarding MIDI 2.0.
  • raspa
    raspa Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well that’s very disappointing…as I cant think of many manufacturers (apart Apple with logic) that are dropping support for big sur so quick and N.I. Is a big company to be able to do this.. well, as I said, very disappointing these are small decisions that are pushing me to abandon N.I.’s Ecosystem