Kontakt 5 in Demo Mode

Options
Silvercity-Bob
Silvercity-Bob Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Kontakt

Hallo, ich habe von einem Mac Pro (late 2013) auf einen M2 Mac Studio gewechselt.

Bin dabei alles neu zu installieren. Meine aktuelle Kontakt Vollversion ist Kontakt 6.

Sehr viele ältere Projekte, benutzen aber noch Kontakt 5. Nun heisst es bei Kontakt 5 immer "Demo" in Logic. Ich habe alles versuch auf "Native Access" Kontakt 5 zu aktivieren, es funktioniert einfach nicht. Auf Native Access sieht es so aus, als wärs aktiviert.

Zum einen will ich alte Projekte aufmachen können, zum anderen habe ich viele Presets gemacht in Kontakt 5, die ich nicht missen möchte.

Was soll ich tun?

Danke!

--

Hello, I switched from a Mac Pro (late 2013) to an M2 Mac Studio.

I'm in the process of reinstalling everything. My current full version of Kontakt is Kontakt 6.

A lot of older projects, but still use Kontakt 5. Now for Kontakt 5 it is always called “Demo” in Logic. I've tried everything to activate Contact 5 on "Native Access", it just doesn't work. On Native Access it looks like it is enabled.

On the one hand, I want to be able to open old projects, and on the other hand, I have made a lot of presets in Kontakt 5 that I don't want to miss.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

Here an overview of different OS (Mac) and the Support of Soft- / Hardware.

Myself don't drive Kontakt and run on NI soft PC.

• Silvercity-Bob
    Silvercity-Bob Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Geil.

Thanks Mr. President.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems that following the steps outlined in this article has resolved the issue.

GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

• benaji
    benaji Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

That does resolve the basic question and thanks for that! Now an issue is that I have a ton of projects and film scores that have relied on Kontakt for many years. Going back and bouncing individual tracks would be daunting to say the least. I don't need them all but on occasion I need to get back to something and remix it. If I were to utilize the solution that uses Rosetta 2 I wonder 2 things;

1. Will the entire Kontakt instance be running through Rosetta and thereby slow things down?
    2. Will I be able to manually update products as they come online? (I assume not but I have to ask).
  • benaji
    benaji Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hey, I just figured out how I am going to solve this. I will keep my old computer which is not worth a lot of money and has Kontakt 5 up and running. When I need something from Kontakt 5 I will open the file on the old computer and bounce as needed. Also to eliminate the hassle of opening files on a computer that has certain plugins deauthorized and without having to move my ilok around I will first open the entire file on my new Mac and eliminate everything but the Kontakt info. Not perfect but I can live with it.