NKS compatible "Spitfire Audio Plugins" no longer shown in "Komplete Kontrol 3.0"

Options

Comments

• jottweh
    jottweh Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Thanks to everyone for the feedback πŸ‘οΈ

Let's hope that we can update to 3.x again soon. 😏😴

We need also back:

β€’ Full Lightguide support for NKS compatible third party plugins (Spitfire Plugin)

β€’ Editing library tags

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Options

The Vendor and Light Guide issue with third-party NKS VST plug-ins is definitely a bug. The Engineering team is already looking into it.

Editing library tags is on the backlog for the Browser team. I don't currently have a timeline for that.

• ZenBen
    ZenBen Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

I'd also like to add in case it wasn't clear, that choosing the "Spitfire Audio" tab in the KK browser does not show all of the Spitfire Audio libraries. For example, let's focus on "Spitfire Audio-HZStrings".

That library can be found with no brands selected and by simply scrolling through the entire library list of installed libraries. If I then click on "Spitfire Audio" under the brands tab in KK, then I am provided with a handful of my installed Spitfire libraries, but "Spitfire Audio-HZStrings" is missing.

Sorry if this has already been stated. Also getting caught in this issue [not a complete list (no pun intended)] are BBC Symphony Orchestra, Abbey Road One, Abbey Road Two, Eric Whitacre Choir and many others.

• ZenBen
    ZenBen Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

How did you get Spitfire LABS to showup in Komplete Kontrol? I Did not know that was possible.

Thanks!

• TristanA
    TristanA Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Has anyone upgraded to 3.0.1? Apparently they fixed the light guide issues, can anyone confirm?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,851 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 255 Pro
    Options

Yes, I can confirm that spitfire light guide support is restored on my BBCSO.

per 3.0.1 release notes pasted below...

• jottweh
    Options

Has anyone had the experience that "Spitfire Audio" dedicated plugins (VST3) shown again in the KompleteKontrol v3.02 browser? Thanks for feedback.

• sheilas
    sheilas Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I'm still unable to see them after doing numerous reinstalls/rescans. Kontakt ones are showing.

• jottweh
    edited November 2023
    Options

Accordingly, the actual problem was not yet resolved in the 2nd update. Let's keep waiting. πŸ€”

• MyStudioOne
    Options

Are they showing in standalone KK but not in DAW? Note that in windows KK plugin is in a new place and so your DAW needs to be updated to scan C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 where you will find

All VST 3 (.vst3) files are stored here now.

Whereas 2.x stored it in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit where all VST 2 .dll files are stored.

• MyStudioOne
    Options

They showed up each time I have installed 3.0 (windows user)

• sheilas
    sheilas Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I'm on macOS, not showing in standalone or daw. I can load the nksf files into my user presets so that's sufficient for now I suppose.

• jottweh
    edited November 2023
    Options

As expected, all VST3 plugins are located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 directory.

All VST3 plugins are available in the DAW, just not in the KK browser.

Then I will now update back from KK v2.9.4 to the newest version KK v3.02. πŸ˜“

I'll see what awaits me …

• jottweh
    Options

I wish I hadn't done the update: Only 22 of my 37 Spitfire audio instruments are displayed in the KK browser. All "Spitfire dedicated plugins" (VST3) are still not displayed under KK v3.02 (rescan performed twice). So I think that the problem with NKS-compatible third-party plugins has not yet been solved.

Does anyone get Woodwind Evolutions, Fragile String Evolutions, Colossus, Symphonic Motions, British Drama Toolkit Brass & Reeds, Heirloom or Phobos displayed in the KK browser?

It's curious: If you enter the name of one of these plugins in the text search field, they are found and displayed. Phobos is not found (not even in the favorites, although defined there).

What can I do?