Tool to make banks for Massive X

Options
Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod

This is advertised as a tool to make banks for Komplete Kontrol and Maschine but I have tested it with Massive X and it also works (as basically it is the same preset format for all)

https://www.doobox.co.uk/apps/mac/nksf_preset_banker.html

Now you can organise your user and third party banks like this (to add the thumbnail drop a folder into User/Shared/NI Resources/Image with the same name as your bank name and add a 72 dpi png sized 134x66 pixels named MST_artwork)

All credit to @Doobox for this (so send them likes)

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/98290#Comment_98290

Comments

• Doobox
    Doobox Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

@Kymeia So I decided to include this as a feature.

if the app detects you have dropped in a Massive X preset, or a directory containing any Massive X presets, it will off the option to add or amend a bank image to appear inside the Massive X plugin, just as Massive X expansions do.

If the user does not change the image, it just allows Massive X to show the default Massive X image as it currently does, and no extra folder an image will be created.

To my knowledge Massive X is the only plugin that currently presents an image representing the bank?

Hence my logic of only presenting this extra option to the user when any Massive X presets are detected.

• Kymeia
    Options

Awesome thanks

• Doobox
    Options

I have found you can add an image of any size, I've been adding 128px square thumbs for better resolution in testing.

Massive X must resize then crop the centre out of the MST_artwork, as opposed to just offsetting the full image from 0,0 as it does on the hardware.

• Kymeia
    Options

That’s useful to know, I was just going by the dimensions NI use for their own Massive X banks

• Doobox
    Options

Its probably risky not to follow what they do, as the image may at full width else where in the future 🤷‍♂️

• Kymeia
    Options

Not sure really it seems strange to me they want to use a rectangular image for a square icon

• Doobox
    Options

They also provide a complete set of images for Massive X expansions, even though the're only using the centre 64px from one of them. To my knowledge Massive X expansion packs don't use the other images anywhere else.

Just utilising what they already had a there image generating workflow, and possibly future proofing I guess.

• Doobox
    Options

OK, start your update engines. 1.0.6 now gives the option to add a custom bank image, when and only when you are processing Massive X presets.

The custom image appears inside the Massive X plugin browser UI, just as other Massive X expansion packs.

Release notes: https://www.doobox.co.uk/appcasts/xcode/nksf_preset_banker/releasenotes/nksf_preset_banker.html

Download: https://www.doobox.co.uk/apps/mac/nksf_preset_banker.html

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - works like a dream

• Kymeia
    Options

Now if you could design a simple preview generator that would be awesome too

• Doobox
    Options

I did quite a bit of research, without finding a single lead on how I might achieve that in the app.

At least not shelling out to Maschine. I'm able to tap into Mashine, and execute anything in a top bar menu, but as you know, there's not enough appropriate commands up there, to generate a preview file.

Logic is far more amenable, but the brick wall is loading the preset inside komplete Kontrol.

So for now. I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

The freeware and now open source app Preset Magician was able to generate previews somehow but it's Windows only. I think it manages it by hosting the plugin the presets belong to internally though.

• Doobox
    Options

Great shout, thanks.

seems fairly straightforward on the face of it. But it will require a learning curve for myself. I’m unfamiliar with the vst3 api, and my c++ is limited. But I love a challenge. Watch this space.