Is there a trombone with sordine in Collector's edition?

vanderfrank
vanderfrank Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 22 in Kontakt

I have komplete collector's edition 14 and for a classical production I need muted trombones, played with a sordine. Till now I only could find trumpets with sordine.

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as i could find out and you too there is a trumpet mute patch and stuff but no trombone mute in the ce. You could mimmic it with eq, lower high frequencies and add some narrowish mid boost as you like.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

Hello ,

First of all then it appears as if in English then expression used is 'muted' rather than 'sordine' (though that may be used by English speaking musicians/singers also)(dunno). I do not have the Komplete 14 CE myself and , I am sorry , I just traversed through a lot of manuals for products sold by N.I. (including more additional add on) for you looking for 'sordine' so, I simply can not be bothered to having to do so also for 'muted' ! (you simply have to do so yourself if you want). And since I do not have Komplete 14 CE myself it would also be rather useless I think .

However , I have found this for you , so in case that you can not find the muted sound wanted otherwise then you can get this at the low price of $48 (+local tax?) : Soulful Studio Trombone , it offers the following in category muted expression for Trombone ! : (Not knowing the product I can NOT vouch for it / this is not meant as a product endorsement)

Muted:

Staccatissimo Straight

Staccatissimo Harmon

Marcato Straight

Marcato Harmon

Sustains Straight

Sustains Harmon

Wah Short

Wah Long

Wah Sustains

Ref. : https://8dio.com/products/soulful-studio-trombone

Also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXmrK6jhlg&t=484s&ab_channel=8Dio

Requirements: 

Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 required

Not compatible with the free Kontakt Player

Minimum: Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU. 8 GB of RAM or more is highly recommended. For TMPro Patches, i7 or equivalent is highly recommended.

Soulful Studio Trombone requires 3.09 GB of Hard Drive Space

Sample resolution: 48Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav, .ncw format

P.S. CineBrass PRO sold by Native Instruments and on offer at the moment allegedly contains the following Trombone articulations but this is third-party information and it doesn't say muted solo as such only mentions general articulations ! (This is NOT meant as a product endorsement either ! )

Trombone Solo Articulations

Trombone Solo True Legato PRO

Trombones Ensemble Muted Articulations

Trombones Ensemble Harmon Mute Articulations

Trombones Fluttered

P.S. 2 :

The Komplete 14 Collectors Edition Bundle Include the following SYMPHONY SERIES – BRASS    ARTICULATIONS :  https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/symphony-series-brass/articulations/

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as i could find out and you too there is a trumpet mute patch and stuff but no trombone mute in the ce. You could mimmic it with eq, lower high frequencies and add some narrowish mid boost as you like.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

Hello ,

First of all then it appears as if in English then expression used is 'muted' rather than 'sordine' (though that may be used by English speaking musicians/singers also)(dunno). I do not have the Komplete 14 CE myself and , I am sorry , I just traversed through a lot of manuals for products sold by N.I. (including more additional add on) for you looking for 'sordine' so, I simply can not be bothered to having to do so also for 'muted' ! (you simply have to do so yourself if you want). And since I do not have Komplete 14 CE myself it would also be rather useless I think .

However , I have found this for you , so in case that you can not find the muted sound wanted otherwise then you can get this at the low price of $48 (+local tax?) : Soulful Studio Trombone , it offers the following in category muted expression for Trombone ! : (Not knowing the product I can NOT vouch for it / this is not meant as a product endorsement)

Muted:

Staccatissimo Straight

Staccatissimo Harmon

Marcato Straight

Marcato Harmon

Sustains Straight

Sustains Harmon

Wah Short

Wah Long

Wah Sustains

Ref. : https://8dio.com/products/soulful-studio-trombone

Also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXmrK6jhlg&t=484s&ab_channel=8Dio

Requirements: 

Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 required

Not compatible with the free Kontakt Player

Minimum: Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU. 8 GB of RAM or more is highly recommended. For TMPro Patches, i7 or equivalent is highly recommended.

Soulful Studio Trombone requires 3.09 GB of Hard Drive Space

Sample resolution: 48Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav, .ncw format

P.S. CineBrass PRO sold by Native Instruments and on offer at the moment allegedly contains the following Trombone articulations but this is third-party information and it doesn't say muted solo as such only mentions general articulations ! (This is NOT meant as a product endorsement either ! )

Trombone Solo Articulations

Trombone Solo True Legato PRO

Trombones Ensemble Muted Articulations

Trombones Ensemble Harmon Mute Articulations

Trombones Fluttered

P.S. 2 :

The Komplete 14 Collectors Edition Bundle Include the following SYMPHONY SERIES – BRASS    ARTICULATIONS :  https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/symphony-series-brass/articulations/

This discussion has been closed.