Can't get Native Access to install or launch

Options
Dogan
Dogan Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

i am about to go insane because i have spent endless hours and DAYS without success.

I have Medion computer with Windows 10 Home 32 bit version. Can't get the latest Native Access installed because 64 bit version is required. Now I got the info that I should install Native Access 1.14.1. I downloaded it, logged in and when I tried to load Traktor Pro 2, I got the error message "failed".

Now native access won't open at all. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same problem, can't get into native access, it just won't start. Please help me ?

Thank you and best regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey hey people, please keep in mind this is an English only forum. It's in our Code of Conduct and mentioned before you post. Please use online translators. I've translated it but next time, I'll delete the thread. As other users said earlier, Windows 32 bit is not supported, for any product:

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,299 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Post TRANSLATION : DE-->UK :

i am about to go insane because i have spent endless hours and DAYS without success.

I have Medion computer with Windows 10 Home 32 bit version. Can't get the latest Native Access installed because 64 bit version is required. Now I got the info that I should install Native Access 1.14.1. I downloaded it, logged in and when I tried to load Traktor Pro 2, I got the error message "failed".

Now native access won't open at all. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same problem, can't get into native access, it just won't start. Please help me ?

Thank you and best regards

ANSWER :

Most likely there are no longer any official support for 32 bit OS , but I am not sure. Anyway , try deleting registry entries from your PC with reference to Native Access and NTK Daemon and remove all traces from hard drive also and be sure that NTK Daemon is no longer running in memory after startup before re-install (see long explanation further down , which may not be fitting for 32 bit OS !)

Else for downloads please see here : Traktor Pro Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210294645-TRAKTOR-PRO-Legacy-Installers-for-Older-Operating-Systems

Also at page bottom here : Where Can I Download the TRAKTOR Installer? :  https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209551029-Where-Can-I-Download-the-TRAKTOR-Installer-

For cleaning PC of traces of Native access then here is quick 32 bit adaptation attempt of an old copy of my 'standard advice' by now :

IMPORTANT : prior to any computer tinkering then please at least make a Restore Point , and prior to tinkering with registry take a back up of that. Also generally it'd always advisable to backup the whole system drive once in a while or at least if you got something that you do not want to loose if you mess up anything !

You can not be sure that Native Access 1 will work. Also after an un-install there may be files left on your hard drive. Also , please check in Task Manager to see if you have the NTKDaemon process running despite you having uninstalled the app or may have failed to install new..

Kill process NTKDaemon in Windows , then to remove Native Access and NTKDaemon from registry , then delete all directories named Native Access from drive and all instances of NTKDaemon - including destinations such as (can not remember which exactly but also depends on version I think - 1 or 2)(Mentioned destinations are Windows 10 , not having Win 11 I can not confirm it for Win 11) :

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ and C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Native Instruments

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Native Instruments

C:\ProgramData\ and C:\ProgramData\Native Instruments

C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files\Native Instruments

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments

For 32 bit check similar other paths !

Remember to make manual RESTORE POINT and take appropriate BACKUP prior to tinkering with Windows registry !

Then clean the registry using (preferably) the trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro :  https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-pro/ or the free CCleaner (use with caution and remember to backup the registry first - CCleaner only backup alterations)  (CCleaner is free but accused by some to be 'bloatware' and generally the use of registry cleaning tools are highly discouraged by N.I)(hence the backup suggestions also) Ref.  :https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209544929-Notes-on-Using-Registry-or-Property-List-Cleaning-Utilities

Then of course also , prior to trying to install anything then make sure that you have sufficient access privileges to all drives included and that you have enough drive space including *temp space* for download and installation on your system drive !   

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,299 mod
    Options

@Jeremy_NI , I am getting an error with respect to downloading PC files when checking file availability from pages referred to above ! Could you please check that links and downloads are OK or update pages accordingly ?

Ref. :

Traktor Pro Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210294645-TRAKTOR-PRO-Legacy-Installers-for-Older-Operating-Systems

Also at page bottom here : Where Can I Download the TRAKTOR Installer? : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209551029-Where-Can-I-Download-the-TRAKTOR-Installer-

Error :

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 378 Pro
    edited October 2023
    Options

Warum hast du auf dem Rechner eine 32-bit Version von Windows 10? 32-bit ist völlig tot. Und, solange dein Prozessor nicht uralt ist, verträgt der Rechner auch eine 64-bit Version von Windows.

Keine Wunder, dass das aktuelle Native Access auf der Kiste nicht läuft, denn, Native Access 2 ist 64-bit only.

Mit einer 32-bit Installation von Windows wirst du nicht nur mit Native Access ein Problem bekommen, sondern schlichtweg mit der meisten heutzutage veröffentlichten Software.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey hey people, please keep in mind this is an English only forum. It's in our Code of Conduct and mentioned before you post. Please use online translators. I've translated it but next time, I'll delete the thread. As other users said earlier, Windows 32 bit is not supported, for any product: