Maschine Mk2 no MIDI in ableton

Options
dikkedimi
dikkedimi Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi all,

On my recently purchased M1 Macbook Pro, there is no MIDI input coming from the maschine controller. In NI controller editor I can see it receives signal from the controller. In Ableton, Track & Sync are checked on, in MIDI preferences. The Maschine 2 software also sees the controller, when I load it as a plug-in in Ableton Live. One difference I notice from the old days is I don't see the virtual MIDI ports of the maschine controller anymore. Does anyone have a clue why only ableton refuses to receive MIDI input from this device?

Thanks for yalls suggestions,

R

Tagged:

Best Answer

• dikkedimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

It appears deleting a couple of .plist files in macintoshHD -> library -> preferences and in User -> library -> preferences solved my issue!

files deleted were related to NTKDaemon, controller editor. Seemed like logical ones.

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited October 2023
    Options

i have a m1 mac mini & a maschine mk2, i just tested out ableton live lite...

and its working...

the only thing i noticed.. was provided you have selected the control surface as Maschine mk2,,which i assume you've done already.. on the input, there should be a maschine mk2 virtual input & for the output a maschine mk2 virtual output

make sure you have those selected as opposed to maschine controller mk2

goodluck!

• dikkedimi
    Options

That's one thing I noticed being different from previously: no virtual in/out on the maschine controller. And the weird thing is that midi/usb communication seems to be working, since I can operate the maschine software and I also see activity in NI controller editor. This is boggling my mind. Would be great if an NI employee could offer some insights. Do I need to check my audio/MIDI setup?

• dikkedimi
    Options

On further investigation, I discovered Maschine MK2 control script wasn't in the MIDI control scripts folder. So I thougth I'd try to add it. Upon restarting live I got a notification saying this script was not compatible with ableton live 11. Figures, it's a script for ableton live 9. I've found the page where the latest control scripts reside. I've installed them following the instructions and I can now select maschine MK2 as a control surface, just like Push2. Ableton has no complaints about the files installed.

However, still no virtual ports. Even though these are shown in the Maschine 2 software's MIDI settings. This is a weird problem, exclusive to ableton, it seems.

• dikkedimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

It appears deleting a couple of .plist files in macintoshHD -> library -> preferences and in User -> library -> preferences solved my issue!

files deleted were related to NTKDaemon, controller editor. Seemed like logical ones.