X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

Options

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,828 mod
    edited February 10
    Options

Done...

X1MK3 Mod Updated for Traktor 3.11.1:

Expanded Browser View mod with Preview Player and Screen Support:

Tempo control features:

• Tap Sync: Toggles SYNC.
    • Hold Sync: Does NOT toggle SYNC, so you are free to hold the button to just check current track BPM on the screen, without having to adjust the BPM in order to NOT toggle SYNC.
    • Sync[Hold]+LoopTurn: Adjust Tempo by +/- 0.01 BPM.
    • Sync[Hold]+LoopPush[Hold]+LoopTurn: Adjust Tempo by +/- 1.00 BPM.
    • Sync[Hold]+LoopPush: Reset Tempo

Deck Features:

• Shift Button: Tap to Toggle Browse Mode (and Unload Preview Player).
    • Browse Encoder: Like Move Encoder of S4: Move (Loopsize) and Move (1 beat) when using Shift
    • Loop Encoder: Like Loop Encoder of S4. Loop Size/Set and Key Adjust/Toggle when using Shift (including screen display)

Browse Mode Features:

• Shift Button: Tap to Toggle BrowserView (and Unload Preview Player).
    • Browse Encoder (either side): Navigate List and Load Track (and Unload Preview Player).
    • Left Loop Encoder: Navigate Tree and Open/Close Node.
    • Right Loop Encoder: Load + Seek Preview Player.
    • SHIFT+Right Loop Encoder: cycle through favourites or jump to preperation list.

Additional features:

• Browser View indicator: SHIFT button LED will blink when in Browser View.
    • Screen Support: When in Browser View, the deck screens display what you can do with the encoders. At the bottom of the right screen is a preview deck strip for scrolling through. The words 'Preview Player' will blink when the player is running a track.
    • Easy Setup Access: Hold down MODE button for 1 second to re-enter the setup mode to select decks and FX units for the X1.
    • Block Mixer Mode: Preferences (Maximise browser when browsing) now enables/disables the Mixer Overlay of the FX Section when using the MODE Button to switch.

If you enjoy this mod as much as i do, consider supporting me. Now go out and rock the club! 🎧

Edit: Who can spot the butterfly (🦋) ? :)

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,728 mod
    Options

I had some other work around, but this is epic. Congrats, i don't think anyone had a better solution for deck assign reset. Going to test today and let you know.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Thanks. I didn't realize how important this was until last we chatted about 'pulling cables'. Better than using the off-switch on a separate usb-hub, right? 😆

• Stevan
    edited February 11
    Options

I also have a Bome midi button that deletes and adds the X1 device automatically xD

The HUB work around is also good if you have a HUB with a switch haha.

But this will be very welcome addition.

Can this be further developed so that holding the mode button switches layouts A+B and C+D?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited February 11
    Options

I should think so. After exiting the setup, the mapping stores the settings. Those can be adjusted (switched to the other two decks) manually. From AB to CD and back, from CA to BD and back, all other combinations are also open to toggling.

Maybe it's time for a DoubleTap-implementation. :P

Edit: It's working. The question now is: what's the most elegant and practical way to incorporate into the BrowserView mod? Here are a few to test (hold mode button for 1 second to switch)

With BrowserView:

Without:

• Stevan
    Options

For some reason the above qml files are not working on M1. (3.11.1 17)

X1 does not ask which deck configuration should be selected - only the MODE button remains lit.

Additionaly, the X1 Mk3 device is missing and impossible to addi it back to the menu (Add In...)

When I put back my original qml file then X1 starts working again. I didn't have a chance to test on a PC yet.

• Stevan
    Options

Works on a PC! I can spot the butterfly on the top middle screen when assignind decks. Awesome work.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited February 12
    Options

Good to hear. Strange that M1 causes a problem...

Here is the double tap update (for the Browser Mod)

• Mode Tap: Switch FX (Note: Mixer Mode is blocked if you disable 'Preferences: (Maximise browser when browsing)'
    • Mode Double Tap: Switch Decks (new Deck letters light up). The very last config (A+C) does not switch, but C+A switches to B+D and back.
    • Mode Hold: Enter Setup

Edit: You found the butterfly first! Make a wish, i will try to comply... :)

• Stevan
    Options

Amazing. I'd just swap the interaction modes around since I'm switching between the decks more often.

Tap = Deck Selector

Double Tap = Effect Unit Selector

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

My pleasure. You are probably not the only one prefering the quick deck swap. :)

• Sûlherokhh
    Options
  • peterillias
    peterillias Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    > @"Sûlherokhh" said:
    > As requested, X1MK3 alternate mixer layout.
    > Knob/Button 1: HI+MID eq controls
    > Knob/Button 2: LO eq controls
    > Knob/Button 3: MixerFX controls including different colours according to Traktor GUI
    > Knob/Button 4: VOL+CUE controls
    > Adapted FX screen display
    > Shift+Button 3 will cycle through Filter/MixerFX, but no text feedback on the screens for different MixerFX like for standard FX cycling. I wanted to keep the mod small and quick. Adjusted files in this archive are in their corresponding folders. After making a safety copy of Traktor's qml folder, just copy the containing qml folder on top, which will overwrite 2 of the qml files.
    > Compatible with all browser mods in this thread. Enjoy. 🦋

Any chance for new version with showing selected FX on OLED etc ? Love this mod BTW !
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,463 Expert
    Options

I'm thinking about if there is an easy way for us to make a UI where users can activate and deactivate certain mods. Could make it easier for people.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Yes, X1MK3 alternate mixer layout is up next to be updated. The MixerFX will have on screen names MX1-4 though. As someone knowledgable pointed out to me, it is currently (TP 3.10+) not possible to read-out the names (numbers) of the MixerFX selected in preferences.

Glad you like the mod. :)

• Stevan
    Options

Why it doesn't work with the M1 though? That's a bummer. Although Ableton Live scripts needs to be exported for each version specifically. (The PC version of the script doesn't work with Mac version and vice versa)

I notice one small bug. When entering the MIDI mode, the deck select is still triggered.

I guess that Shift button should block the deck select action.