Gorilla Texas Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,310 Expert
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

Hey all, we were able to reproduce the issue and will file a bug.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,090 Guru
    Options

This bug has nothing to do with the MKI in any way.

VP

• LostInFoundation
    Options

We will see.

Just to clarify how I see things (yes, I admit this is my point of view, but NI rarely proved me completely wrong in the 20 years road we made together):

Let’s take an example: last bug I see talked about (just today). Flair GUI problem. Reported 6 month ago. Acknowledged 4 month ago. Complete silence for 4 months. Today somebody asked if there were plans to fix it.

Official answer: “Unfortunately no ETA for a fix at the moment.”

THIS is the pace at which NI works on things that are not directly related to a cash revenue.

Some answers (read between the lines) given in these days about Maschine eventually ending to have same situation as KK (users having to “freeze” at a determined last working version because new features get introduced for the new devices) make me seriously think this will happen.

Since NI is notoriously not prone to release updates to fix one or two things but instead tends to accumulate things to release ONE big update (hopefully) fixing them all together (the person in charge of a determined sector lately literally said “we know this problem is causing serious issues, but I don’t want my workers to make a quick fix now otherwise they will have to rework on it in 6 months when we will start to add ulterior features”😶), the possibility the fix for this bug will come but we will have to wait for it when all the big features will be implemented is not that remote. In that case, users wanting to continue using their MK1 will not be able to update, therefore will not have the fix available for them.

Science fiction you say? I remember you that just till a moment ago you were writing everywhere that this Studio One bug was not real, since you “check so many forums about Studio One, the FB group which goes very deep on these things” and therefore if it was real you would have seen “many reports everywhere about it” and also that since Maschine was working good for you with your Studio One 6.2.1 (while the people reporting it were saying they had problems in Studio One 6.5), the reports were just a couple of guys, implying that probably the issue was on their side.

Then Jeremy came… “Hey all, we were able to reproduce the issue and will file a bug.”

As you can see, sometimes Science fiction becomes reality.

I will end this saying what I often say: if they will prove me wrong, I’ll be more than happy!

I have not been happy very often in these 20 years…

• Vocalpoint
    Options

@LostInFoundation

"I remember you that just till a moment ago you were writing everywhere that this Studio One bug was not real, since you “check so many forums about Studio One, the FB group which goes very deep on these things” and therefore if it was real you would have seen “many reports everywhere about it”

You remain VERY confused - not only in the bogus info you were spreading but what this was all about in the first place.

It was you who dropped into the MK1 EOL thread claiming (for reasons unknown) that KK 2.94 was suddenly hard "crashing" in S1 and "have a look at this thread "Things are way more serious" and is NI going to leave all of us "hanging".

And I quote:

And all because of Gorilla Texas (in the thread above - with its original goofy title) - was losing his mind about who knows what.

This thread made no sense whatsoever when it started - but based on what I could make out from it - I did correctly state that IF KK 2.9.4 WAS crashing S1 (far and wide) - yes the S1 FB groups would be talking about it, Presonus Forums would be talking about it - EVERYBODY would be talking about it.

But now we know that idiotic thread had exactly nothing to do with KK 2.9.4 crashing - it ended up being even more obscure - several users having an issue with "flyout" menus when using the Maschine 2 VST in Studio One 6.5.x (which Jeremy has correctly stated that the bug was confirmed and is in the queue to be looked at).

Which leaves me with - what the heck does this (now confirmed Maschine 2 VST) "bug" have to do with the MK1 EOL or anything else?

Once the bug is fixed - Maschine 2 VST should work just fine in S1 6.5.x using an MK1 board or any other keyboard from NI.

VP

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I would answer you that I wrote in the post above why I think it could be a problem for mk1 users…

…but frankly you lost me at “idiotic thread”…

Once again you proved that or people agree with you or they are just idiots…

Therefore, no need to continue the discussion (well…in facts…I was the one discussing…you just attack anyone with a different opinion as usually). Bye

• Vocalpoint
    Options

@LostInFoundation

"I would answer you that I wrote in the post above why I think it could be a problem for mk1 users…"

100% agree with you - however it would be a problem for ALL NI Users (and ALL S1 users) - not just those with a MK1 - if "Nothing from NI Works in Studio One" - was the actual issue in that thread.

But it was not. Not even close.

Next time - can we dial back the drama (like that hilariously "panic filled" original thread title) and cross posting - and try to work together on this stuff?

I am open if you are.

VP

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,150 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Honestly don't get the Flair GUI outrage. It's a purely visual error that does not impact the functionality of the plugin at all. I can see why it's not of urgent priority for NI to fix it.

• Vocalpoint
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    Options

At the cost of passing for the one on the wrong side…but…no, thank you for the offer.

We have too different styles: I come in this forum and on 100 post I make, 90 are to help someone with an issue and 10 to express my opinion. You come in this forum for the love of exercising your oratory art, often playing the devil’s advocate. Which could make of you a good interlocutor, if it wasn’t for your need to continuously trying to discredit someone (with your long analysis point by point of what someone wrote), or treating them like idiots just because they don’t see things clearly as you do.

You used a term against someone once that in facts perfectly define how I see your stile: Pushback. In my eyes, this is what you like to do: pushback, no matter what.

As you said “It's a public forum and I can participate in any thread until NI says otherwise”. But your right to express whatever you want in whatever way you want doesn’t mean I must like your need to humiliate your interlocutors.

Sorry. Maybe it’s just my impression. But I can’t for the sake of me find a single post where you were there to just help someone and not just put on a debate on how wrong someone’s requests are, how stupid their feelings are or how out of this world they are for their disappointment

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,150 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    Options
  • Vocalpoint
    edited October 2023
    Options

@LostInFoundation

"Sorry. Maybe it’s just my impression. But I can’t for the sake of me find a single post where you were there to just help someone and not just put on a debate on how wrong someone’s requests are, how stupid their feelings are or how out of this world they are for their disappointment"

No apologies needed or expected.

Just as I simply cannot find too many of your posts where you are not borderline elitist - always highlighting your expectations, entitlements and odd vitriol - usually aimed squarely at NI - that continuously shine a laser beam on how you have been wronged, taken advantage of or passed by in some way, shape or form by "the man".

It's almost as if everything you buy, consume or use must last a lifetime and those who supplied it be at your beck and call through it all - until you decide it's enough.

Tis a strange one - but yes it's public forum. There are all kinds here and I am cool with it.

VP

• lcakametrobeatz
    lcakametrobeatz Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue with Studio one 6.5 and Maschine..lots of Maschine functions stopped working.

a. Couldn't select just one sample library it would always default to 'all'

b. couldn't resize

I'm on Windows 10 64 Bit I7 32 ram

I still have Studio one 5 installed so I opened Maschine up in S5 and had no problems so to temporarily fix the problem I restored my windows to a previous date before I upgraded Studio one..so now I'm back to Studio One 6.2 and 'Maschine' is working like a charm again..hopefully NI & Presonus can get to the bottom of this!