X1 MK3 CUSTOM MAPPING

Options
JayChatz
JayChatz Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Can we set a custom mapping on the new x1 mk3 model ? For example the browse knobs set them as a jogweel.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• fanatax
    fanatax Member Posts: 21 Helper
    Options

no, that's why I put my X1 MK3 aside and keep waiting until that is possible. It's a joke, I'm really annoyed. 300 Euros sitting there doing nothing. My eye lids are twitching...

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

X1 MK3 is brand new still. The overmapping capabilities are not usually introduced with initial version that supports a new controller. Those are normally coming in the following versions of Traktor.

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    edited September 2023
    Options

They def need add custom mapping to the MK3 , the fact there is no browser mode is beyond me. At first i thought it would be ok and i could get around it with using a key on my keyboard to toggle it, now having played around with it for a couple of days it just messes up the workflow so i ended up midi mapping the midi mode to use for now, having the tree browse on left encoder and playlist browse on right encoder with the open browser mapped to pressing the encoder and then closing browse when track is loaded. Makes so much more sense that way. especially if you use 4 decks, there is no way to see your track playlist since there is no space on the screen. Downside is the screens do not work in midi and makes it like any other controller you could map out there.

Another thing i noticed if you have midi mode enabled as in the. (in and out ports selected to MK£) it effects the native mapping lights on effects and cue points when pressed. you need to make sure in and out ports are on none on midi mode mapping if you use the native mapping else le'd's are effected. 😪

Hoping it comes sooner then later. am sure by now they can see most are asking for it.

• bizniz
    bizniz Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

2 months later and still no custom mapping.

Come on NI, that's a joke

• NitoHCM
    NitoHCM Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just purchased 2 mk3, and what a disappointment I was when I saw that a custom mapping could not be carried out.
    Furthermore, you cannot use a button to switch between cues 1-4 to cues 5-8 as easily as what happened on the mk2.
    Could you please add this function?

• Tavo Ruiz
    Tavo Ruiz Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Native Instruments

Editor for Traktor X1 Mk3 urgently needed

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

Plus one on the custom mapping option. For me, specially needed for the Browser function and very much so for switching between 1-4 and 5-8 cue point control. That said, I really like all of the other features introduced in the new model. I'm glad the missing functionalities can be addressed thru software. Then again, sad that it might take too long or not come at all.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

There now is a beta with custom mapping available.

• JayChatz
    Options

@lord-carlos Could you please let us know where we can find the beta (update) with custom mapping ?

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

top of the Traktor forums, click Check out the new TRAKTOR PRO Beta in our members-only 👉 Public Beta Area 👈

• JayChatz
    Options

All good with custom mapping. There is another issue that worries me.

Does anyone know's how to map a random button on x1 mk3 like the flux button on x1 mk2 ?

More specifically, I want a button that jumps instantly to Hotcues 5-8.

Αs it is understood, I would like to map my new x1 mk3 like the default mapping of x1 mk2.