Questions about the Komplete 13 ecosystem
I've just got a Maschine and upgarded to Komplete 13.
I've only jus got around to messing about with all the VSTs that are now availble to me in my DAW.
I don't think I really understand the whole ecosystem, and hope someone would be able to explain in simple terms...
- So there's a bunch of synths and things (like Massive, Super 8 etc.) that can just work as a VST instruments on their own.
- Then there's Komplete Kontrol, which seems to be like a conatiner for all the other instruments that can exist on their own (which leaves me thinking why would they need to exist on their own?), but also includes other instruments that don't exist on their own (like The Gentleman etc.)
- Then there's Kontact, which seems to be able to (again, like Komplete Kontrol) kind of host other VST instruments, but then Komplete Kontrol can kind of have Kontact inside it as well. So why does it exist?
- I think I understand why Battery might exist outside of the Maschine VST, but that's about it.
Seems like Russian Dolls. Does Komplete Kontrol do everything Kontact does? If so why are there two things? I'm sure there's a purpose - is there a simple way to explain it? Then I can understand the best way to use it!
I only started out wanting a drum machine and now I've got like a lifetime of toys to play with!
- 3K All Categories
- 15 Welcome
- 154 Hangout
- 23 NI News
- 64 Tech Talks
- 261 Native Access
- 1.4K Komplete
- 146 Komplete General
- 302 Komplete Kontrol
- 523 Kontakt
- 161 Reaktor
- 48 Battery 4
- 81 Guitar Rig & FX
- 70 Massive X & Synths
- 50 Other Software & Hardware
- 755 Maschine
- 538 Traktor
- 513 Traktor Software & Hardware