Machine and KK KEYBOARDS as controllers

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 113 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

I have a mashine and a komplete konroll keyboard hooked up to my DAW which is LUNA….

I use the Mashine for playing drums and percussion parts and the KK KEYBOARD for playing keyboard parts…. I also use both devices to record automation via midi CCs…. I have a knob on each device set to cc 74 which controls cutoff on certain synths… is there a reason why the knob on Mashine works fine but the knob on the KK kontrol keys does not work?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

Hello,

both should work, maybe on maschine you use relative mode and on the keyboard the knobs in absolute mode?

• Michael Terry

And where would I find those settings?

thankyou

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

For maschine in the controller editor, and for the keyboard it depends on what the exact model it is, s series mk1 also in controller editor, the others in Komplete kontrol, there is a midi plug sign where you can edit the properties. I can tomorrow/in a few hours, make pictures, if you need it, sometimes things are much easier to understand with pictures. And you try to learn a knob, let's say from maschine cc74 to a device in your DAW, and also want to be able to send the same cc74 from your keyboard to the DAW/device?

• Michael Terry

Great, thanks

This discussion has been closed.