how to use maschine sounds in kontakt and another question

ziom4u
ziom4u Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Good morning everyone! I state that I am new to the use of maschine mk3 so I apologize if my questions will be perhaps stupid.

I have two questions in this regard.

1) I managed to implement maschine mk3 in my daw (cubase 11) and everything seems to work, I can hear the sounds and record, I understand how to act on the "controller editor" for the "midi mode" but my question is about this: can i only load one instrument at a time? I tried to load the maschine vst twice with a different instrument but it doesn't work because I hear the two instruments in unison. maybe someone can recommend me a tutorial done right? I have seen many but I have not been able to solve.

2) I would prefer to play some instruments with my keyboard instead of maschine and I was hoping to see them in my kontact player but I only see the ones I already had before, apart from "massive" so I can't use the others supplied with maschine?

thank you for your time and I hope I was clear in the questions.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,306 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ziom4u Welcome to the forum, and your question is far from being stupid. To achieve what you want, you would need to open just one Maschine instance in Cubase and route the different tracks to different MIDI channels. Here is a video from @D-One explaining how you can do it.

Once done, you can choose a different MIDI input than the Maschine MK3 controller.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,306 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @ziom4u Welcome to the forum, and your question is far from being stupid. To achieve what you want, you would need to open just one Maschine instance in Cubase and route the different tracks to different MIDI channels. Here is a video from @D-One explaining how you can do it.

Once done, you can choose a different MIDI input than the Maschine MK3 controller.

• ziom4u
    ziom4u Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Jeremy and thank you for answering me so quickly and precisely, actually I imagined that the problem was to address but now I will study the video step by step and copy the settings, then I will write here if I succeeded.

changing the subject: I saw that on the Native site there are no instructions in Italian and so I translated the manual, perhaps not perfectly but usefully I would say.

in your opinion, if I put a link here, for those who need it, I would offend the rules of this page / site?

Thanks again :)