Maschine Jam + Maschine MK2 in Ableton Live 11

Options
TiefTraum
TiefTraum Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey!

I would like to use my Maschine Jam and Maschine MK2 in Ableton Live 11 for performing live. 2 weeks ago I had my first live gig and I prepared everything in the Maschine software and it worked fine, but I missed some features that I think, that are better when doing it from Ableton Live.

This is my situation:

The Maschine Jam should be used as a controller for launching clips, play/stop/record, channel mixer and sequencing armed channels. This works fine with the controller script that can be found on the NI website. But I also wanted to use the Maschine MK2 as a plugin inside of Ableton. The Maschine MK2 should not control the DAW, but just the Maschine plugin when the track is armed, to record beats and chords (live) from the prepared groups in Maschine itself.

There is limited info online to get this working fine and I tried some things, but somehow I can't get it midi recorded when I play some beats live. So basically it doesn't save the midi input when I play during recording. There is audio and it also sees the audio.

Is there anybody that has tips or faced the same kind of issues and got it working? It's not really straight forward in my opinion, but working solely in Maschine software is too limited for me unfortunately.

For me it makes no sense to use Maschine MK2 + Maschine Jam both as control instances for Ableton. So I only installed the Maschine Jam control script and didn't activate the Maschine MK2 control script in the Controller Editor.

If you need more info to investigate what I should do, please let me know.

Thank you very much upfront, I really appreciate you taking the time to read and answer me.