Can the S3 make long backspins?

Options

Hi,

I noticed that when I backspin with my S3, the jogwheels aren't loose and can't be modified like the S4.

Is there any way to change it or it's like this and I must stick to it?

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,766 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

from: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209552749-Troubleshooting-Jog-Wheel-Issues-with-the-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S2-S3-S4

Adjusting the Jog Wheel Sensitivity of your S2 MK3 / S3

You can adjust the jog wheel sensitivity of your S2 MK3 / S3 as per the following:

• Make sure TRAKTOR is closed.
    • On the right deck, press and hold SYNC + KEYLOCK while inserting the USB cable. This initiates the Jog Wheel Sensitivity Adjustment mode. The Light meter + CUE + FX buttons will show the values of left and right jog wheel sensitivity:
    • The number 9 corresponds to the highest sensitivity setting. The number 0 (no LEDs lit up) corresponds to the lowest sensitivity setting.
    • Turn the BROWSE knob of the corresponding jog wheel to adjust its sensitivity (left BROWSE for left jog wheel, right BROWSE for right jog wheel). The default setting is 6.
    • To save the desired sensitivity settings, press the MIC button on the S2 MK3 or press and hold the PLAY button (left or right) on the S3 for 5 seconds.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is why I never bought S2 MK3 or S3 - very bad overmapping implementation to justify the price of these controllers. This was super easy to remap with MK1/2 hardware and also we have Controller Editor access.

In 2023, they expect DJ to also be a programmer in order to make simple change to how jogwheel works.

Apsolutely unnecessarry.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,766 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

from: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209552749-Troubleshooting-Jog-Wheel-Issues-with-the-TRAKTOR-KONTROL-S2-S3-S4

Adjusting the Jog Wheel Sensitivity of your S2 MK3 / S3

You can adjust the jog wheel sensitivity of your S2 MK3 / S3 as per the following:

• Make sure TRAKTOR is closed.
    • On the right deck, press and hold SYNC + KEYLOCK while inserting the USB cable. This initiates the Jog Wheel Sensitivity Adjustment mode. The Light meter + CUE + FX buttons will show the values of left and right jog wheel sensitivity:
    • The number 9 corresponds to the highest sensitivity setting. The number 0 (no LEDs lit up) corresponds to the lowest sensitivity setting.
    • Turn the BROWSE knob of the corresponding jog wheel to adjust its sensitivity (left BROWSE for left jog wheel, right BROWSE for right jog wheel). The default setting is 6.
    • To save the desired sensitivity settings, press the MIC button on the S2 MK3 or press and hold the PLAY button (left or right) on the S3 for 5 seconds.

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Unfortunatelly this option only adjust jog touch sensitivity, not spin sensitivity.

The only possibility to change backspin length is to make jog rotate less tight. For this it is needed to disassembly controller, remove jog, clear its shaft from factory grease and apply another less thick grease. But if you will not like the result it will be difficult to go back to factory tightness. So i don't recomend to do this

But maybe it is possible to change spin sensitivity with qml?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is why I never bought S2 MK3 or S3 - very bad overmapping implementation to justify the price of these controllers. This was super easy to remap with MK1/2 hardware and also we have Controller Editor access.

In 2023, they expect DJ to also be a programmer in order to make simple change to how jogwheel works.

Apsolutely unnecessarry.