Do drum plugins in Komplete 14 Standard have a Grid Editor functionality like in EZdrummer?

Options
KettleDrop
KettleDrop Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I'm trying to decide whether Komplete 14 Standard would include grid editor functionality like in EZDrummer from ToonTrack, where I can arrange notes on a grid that syncs with my tracks in Pro Tools.

Do any of the drums included in Komplete 14 Standard have comparable grid editor functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• KettleDrop
    Answer ✓
    Options

I discovered that Maschine comes with Komplete 14 Standard and does include a grid editor functionality like in EZDrummer.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 995 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

No - none of the standard "drum" instruments that ship with K14 Standard have any grid functions - largely due to the fact that they all run within Kontakt.

Can also say with 100% certainty that building/editing drums in Maschine (software version in K14 Standard) is light years more difficult than it is with EZD.

That is - unless you pour the required time into learning how Maschine works (which I have not as of this writing).

If it's fast good drums you need - EZD is where you will get it done.

VP

Answers

• KettleDrop
    Answer ✓
    Options

I discovered that Maschine comes with Komplete 14 Standard and does include a grid editor functionality like in EZDrummer.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 995 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

No - none of the standard "drum" instruments that ship with K14 Standard have any grid functions - largely due to the fact that they all run within Kontakt.

Can also say with 100% certainty that building/editing drums in Maschine (software version in K14 Standard) is light years more difficult than it is with EZD.

That is - unless you pour the required time into learning how Maschine works (which I have not as of this writing).

If it's fast good drums you need - EZD is where you will get it done.

VP

• KettleDrop
    Options

Thanks so much VP! I appreciate the input!