Vertical scroll doesn't work

Options
Farmatique
Farmatique Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi all!

For some reason vertical scrolling doesn't work with very wide ensembles that go over the program window, while horizontal scrolling works just fine. I use scrolling gesture (two fingers swipe) on the trackpad on my laptop (Lenovo x13). I tried it under windows 10/11, no luck. Although, vertical scroll does work in chrome/text editors/ableton. So it seems like it doesn't work in Reaktor-window only, no matter if its standalone or a vst-plugin.

Does anyone has similar issues?

Best,

Eugene

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,110 mod
    Options

Helloy

unfortunately not all programs support the scroll function to scroll but use it for turning knobs for example, you only can use the acrollbar on the right to do it as far as I know.

• Farmatique
    Options

Thanks for a reply, Uwe!

It's too bad :( It seems like you're right, but it doesn't make sense to me why horizontal scrolling works fine, but vertical doesn't.

It would be very handy to be able to do vertical scrolling by using touchpad-gestures. Because currently I have to do scrolling by clicking on the left-button and do the swipe on the touchpad which is very uncomfortable.

Anyways, that's not a question to you, but rather to Reaktor devs.

P.S. I also wonder if vertical scrolling doesn't work for Mac-users too, or is it a Win-specific issue?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,110 mod
    Options

That's a good question, I may ask @D-One he could know about the scrolling in reaktor.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Works fine for me both horizontally and vertically, both with trackpad gesture and mouse wheel (shift+wheel), I'm on Mac tho...

I've seen users having issues with specific mouse/trackpad brands before tho, so that's a possibility, do you have a mouse outside your trackpad to test?

Anyways, that's not a question to you, but rather to Reaktor devs.

Devs don't hang around the forum answering questions unless it's a QnA or something.

• Farmatique
    Options

Hey, D-One! Yes, it seems you're right. I've just checked Reaktor with the mouse plugged in and shift+wheel works for vertical scrolling! So, it must be something wrong with the drivers/software for my touchpad :(

I'm still scratching my head why vertical scrolling works fine in Chrome, TextEditor or even in Ableton by using two-finger-gesture on the touchpad, but it doesn't work with the touchpad in Reaktor...They must be using different API-s for working with mouse/trackpad devices or something.

Anyways, thanks all for your thoughts/suggestions! Hope one day I'll make it work :)

• Farmatique
    Options

Hey, D-One! It seems you're right, I've just checked Reaktor with my mouse plugged in and verticall scrolling works fine by using shift+wheel. So it must be something wrong with the drivers/software for my touchpad :(

I'm still scratching my head why vertical scrolling with 2-fingers gesture works fine with Chrome, Text editor and even Ableton, but doesn't work in Reaktor... There must be different API being used for Reaktor and other software (like Chrome), but I'm not sure.

Anyways, thanks all for your thoughts/suggestions!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

If it works on Chrome, Text, Ableton, etc then it works fine and it could be Reaktor/NI's bug. I got some mouse-related bugs with NI SW that were never fixed but regardless you should report this to support.

If you use any external software that takes over the mouse like custom window snapping, mouse/trackpad adjustment apps or similar try turning it off, that has fixed some issues for me in the past.