Talking Trash

Options
Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,807 mod

I'm pleased to see elements of the great iZotope Trash 2 sneaking their way into Guitar Rig (in Kolor); this seems a logical move given Trash 2 is discontinued and they are in the same ball park + the recent merger. However what has been added so far is just scratching the surface of what Trash 2 could do. In particular it would be great to see the awesome Trash waveshapers and more distortion algos added.

Tagged:

Comments

• FatVonFree
    FatVonFree Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

agreed. as soon as i read about trash 2 being incorporated into the rack i got excited. look fwd to what this will possibly bring.

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

I really think NI have to commit to providing regular updates this time with new amps and modules released regularly - including more of Trash 2 (which should also make up for the fact that iZotope discontinued it). This was promised for version 6 but didn't materialise, supposedly COVID got in the way, but this time there are no excuses.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 222 Pro
    Options

The Kolor module is very promising indeed and I'm very glad iZotope and NI are blending. I can understand Covid, the merger, ... had an impact and caused delays, but fingers crossed for the future!

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 222 Pro
    Options

@Kymeia , great title btw 😁

• darkogav
    darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I still use Trash all the time. What do you mean elements of it? Did NI add it as a stripped down module?

• Kymeia
    Options

Not even that unfortunately, just a couple of algos added to one of the new modules, but it's a start

1. Kolor adds character to tracks using black-box models of popular hardware distortion circuits, including two iZotope Trash algorithms, building layers of texture that make your music truly stand out.

https://blog.native-instruments.com/why-upgrade-to-guitar-rig-7-pro/

• Kymeia
    Options

We live in the hope that soon we can all talk Trash again

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Qs3C3LpZz/?igsh=MXJtcHcwanBsODFwYg%3D%3D

• FatVonFree
    Options

hahahha yes. i am too excited. seems like this thread was from ages ago. hope all is well your way. got a cool distortion model included in ableton now called roar which i love but i would still buy trash.

• Kymeia
    Options

Haha they must have been reading this thread :)

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/trash.html

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,290 Guru
    Options

And AU3 for iPad too.... interesting

• Kymeia
    Options

Pity it doesn’t come as NKS, seems a strange omission. I will make it myself for now but I hope they rectify this

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,290 Guru
    Options

Yes.. strange that it's not NKS2.

• FatVonFree
    Options

adjust the size of the gui would be great. i dig it so far though.

• Kymeia
    Options
  • TORLEY
    TORLEY Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options

I used to use Trash ages ago, then I saw the recent update — it's nice it still has life!

I'd like a fuller-featured Trash within Guitar Rig 8 Pro — v7 is already so overpowered it's incredible — if anything it could be a "Trash GR" version like how Replika is. The strength of having it in GR7P is combining it with all the other flavors and saving a convenient combo rack, instead of having to clunk around. Like I don't even see the point in using separate FX plugins when I can access them in Guitar Rig.

Another possibility is there could be the Trash Lite inside of GR, and if you have a license to the full thing, it unlocks everything. That seems like it'd be a good balance.